Summer Transfer Window | Page 86 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

KiwiSpur - 4/9/2017 04:17

Hi Lads, question. About 10 hours after the window closed I was lying in bed reading an article on the PL App which ranked the top 5 teams in terms of transfers.

We were ranked 5th.... behind Manu, Leicester, Wba and Watford. In the piece on us it listed Andre Gomes as a transfer?

Did the writer jump the gun and then fail to remove this quickly? I woke in the morning and was unable to find the article.

Am I missing something?

It looked like it was going to happen; Barca had agreed a deal, we were in the box seat after talking to them for almost two months (as had the Spam), then on the last day Guillem Balague announced on his twitter feed - he has very close ties with Barca, announced that he'd been told they weren't going to let him go.

Apparently, they changed their mind from a permanent deal after they didn't get Courtino - according to Guillem, why, is a bit of a mystery and remains unclear.

There was a strong belief at the club that we were definitely going to finally get this deal over the line, for around £40-45mill.

I have a feeling we may well try again in Jan.