Summer Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

So, it’s Friday 21 Aug and the squad are back in training today, barely a few weeks before the action starts, and plenty of movement in and out yet to go, surely. Who’s going to score the goals if Ayew goes and Brewster doesn’t return. The rest of the team do not score enough goals. We have no money so it’s got to be loan players in again, and according to Steve Cooper PL clubs are already contacting him to loan their players to us after the success of our loanees last season.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/excitement-steve-cooper-swansea-city-return-training

Journalist Adam Crawford on his Twitter account:

Morgan Gibbs-White is in Swansea my sources have just told me. As long as things go smoothly the deal should be done in a few days

Signing off for the night now, a lot of you wanting the news on Lowe, some hold up on Wigan’s end as expected but nothing that can’t be resolved, stay positive Swans, you’ll get your man!

Chelsea want Guehi to sign a new contract then he will return to Swansea. Players like McKay no longer have a future at Swansea

Interest for Peterson from abroad. Swansea could cut losses on him or give him another shot. Lies in Coopers hands

Last edited:
Latest this morning:
Marc Guehi will return to Swansea for the season after impressing Chelsea bosses whilst on loan here last season.
Kyle Naughton agrees to sign new contract.
Jamal Lowe agrees personal terms with Swansea, but also with Preston and Millwall - we have an anxious wait to see how this pans out.
Morgan Gibbs-White will join Swansea on a season long loan from Wolves.

Last edited:
Morgan Gibbs-White:
“I spoke to Rhian Brewster about his time down here and he said he loved every minute of it.

When I got that sort of feedback and I saw the sort of impact he had down here with the goals he scored, I looked at it and thought maybe I can do that.
I am happy to be here and I cannot wait to impress the fans and show them everything I can do.

I would love to follow on from what those three guys did here because they were a massive part of what went on last season in trying to get back to where we should be.
That was one of the main reasons I wanted to come down here, because of their development, and I am hoping I can do the same and help the boys.”

We are rumoured to have submitted a bid for Blackburn player Derrick Williams, a 27 year old left-footed centre-back, in the last year of his contract there. Not too many left-footers around:
Mike vdH - right footed centre back
Joe Rodon - right footed centre back
Ben Cabango - right footed centre back
Marc Guehi - right footed centre back
Ben Wilmot - right footed centre back

BBC Sport
Jamal Lowe is due to have a medical at Swansea City this afternoon ahead of his signing for the club in a deal worth around £800,000 plus add-ons.

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray:
“Why would we weaken our squad by losing a player (Derrick Williams) who might not be playing in the team at this moment but he’s a solid experienced, sound player who’s played a lot of football for this club in several positions”

Last edited:
Friendlies:
Tue 25/8 Swans 3 (Cullen, Dhanda, Routledge) v Cardiff Met 0
Sat 29/8 Southampton v Swans
Tue 1/9 Swans v Forest Green Rovers

Carabao Cup:
Sat 5/9 Newport v Swans

The following players will miss FG Rovers and Newport games due to International call-ups:
Cabango, Roberts - Wales
Celina - Kosovo
Guehi - England U-21’s

Promising signs so far @keith. Some good signings, decent kit, no gambling shirt sponsor , we need 1 or 2 goalscorers now and Ayew, Roberts and Rodon to stay.

Agreed. Exciting times this season if we can keep our key players, and like you say just a few more players to complete the jigsaw and give us a good shot at promotion this season.
Still a remote chance of Brewster returning. He needs regular game time and another season with us at this level, no point in bench warming at a PL club. Goals are the worry if he does not return, so a goal scoring forward or two and an experienced centre-back the priority.

Behind closed doors friendly this afternoon at Southampton.
No idea of the Swans line-ups except that Woodman and Grimes played in the first game.

First 60 min game 7-0
Scorers:
Adams, Redmond, Bertram, Ings 2 (1 pen), Ward-Prowse 2 (1pen)
Saints team:
McCarthy, Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond, Ings, Adams.

Second 60 min game 0-1
Scorer: Fulton

Saints team: Forster, Valery, Vestergaard, Klarer, Vokins, Slattery, Smallbone, Djenepo, Boufal, Obafemi, Long.
Sub: Jankewitz for Slattery

Last edited:
First 60’ Match:
Woodman, Rushesha, Naughton, Cabango, Lewis, Bidwell,
Korey Smith, Grimes, Garrick, Ayew, Dhanda

Second 60’ match:

Benda, Roberts, B.Cooper, Rodon, Guehi, O.Cooper, Fulton,
Gibbs-White, Cullen, Lowe, Routledge