Summer transfer window thread | Page 152 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

If nothing else we ought to make it expensive for spuds. He’s worth £15-£20 million all day long. Are spuds “only” offering £10 million because they can or is it that they don’t want to pay more than £10 million for what they see as a squad player. DJed might want to reflect on that. Other clubs like arsenal have lost interest apparently.

Spuds playing hardball. They have right wing backs of similar statute. They want Spence cheap or leave till last minute and checkout the market.

Boro opening game v WBA in 5 weeks. They need money to reinvest. Yes they will have targets lined up but the longer it goes on the more likely someone else swoops in and the less time for them to get settled in to a squad and get some pre season. Think Boro will wait another week but then if no movement Forest could offer £10+ with add ons such as a couple of £m if we stay up, more if capped and of course a % if resold. Boro May like some now more later rather than being left hanging.

Spuds playing hardball. They have right wing backs of similar statute. They want Spence cheap or leave till last minute and checkout the market.

Boro opening game v WBA in 5 weeks. They need money to reinvest. Yes they will have targets lined up but the longer it goes on the more likely someone else swoops in and the less time for them to get settled in to a squad and get some pre season. Think Boro will wait another week but then if no movement Forest could offer £10+ with add ons such as a couple of £m if we stay up, more if capped and of course a % if resold. Boro May like some now more later rather than being left hanging.
Id offer £12m and a loan or 2 from fringe players

the ball is in the court of the club Spence wants to join I always figured, hence I thought wed get him at a fair price. But it does seem clear now he wants to go south. Spurs can hold out til last day if they wish and other clubs wont come in if the players mind is already made up

They are, but now they are confident he wants to go there Levy'll give our Dane a masterclass in low balling offers.

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest, if spuds bought him and then loan him out again . . . Maybe to Boro 🤣. As good as he was for us, can you really see him playing in the champions league. Wish the lad well, but just think he might have bitten off more than he can chew

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest, if spuds bought him and then loan him out again . . . Maybe to Boro 🤣. As good as he was for us, can you really see him playing in the champions league. Wish the lad well, but just think he might have bitten off more than he can chew
My mate is a Spurs fan and he reckons he is better than anything they have got So don’t think they would loan him out

My mate is a Spurs fan and he reckons he is better than anything they have got So don’t think they would loan him out
I had read that it was Conte himself who wanted Spence because he wants/needs marauding fullbacks for his style of play.

Spurs are playing hardball because they know Spence wants the move and Boro need the money. Typical Levy…