Summer transfer window thread | Page 148 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

David Platt – from Crewe Alexandra to Aston Villa (1988) – from the English fourth tier in 1988 to England National team in 1989
Rob Jones – from Crewe Alexandra to Liverpool (1991) – from the English fourth tier in 1991 to England National team in 1992

I said non league ! Plus Crewe had a fabled and respected academy which churned out untold future stars, Grantham didn’t !! 😎👍

NEP stating option to buy at £20m. That is option not obligation.
That’s a bonus then because it was only yesterday that the media were reporting that there wouldn’t be any such clause included.

Hendo is apparently due to return from holiday in the next few days and that’s when everything will be done and dusted.

They are all overpaid chap, all part of the PL razzmatazz
except for brice if wd kept him then..?

over 100k is still a small percentage of players tho nd we arent there yet and theres no investment in the player.
Personally, i dont think the difference between a good keeper and an average one will decide whether we play well this season and it really is going to create a wealth gap amongst the playing staff so wouldnt be happy with it for those types of reasons, I like equality, i cant turn it on and off when it suits:)

Havnt seen enough of him to judge really, but then who has, hes hardly played for a year, supposedly decent tho so happy with the player themselves, just 120k? Nah im still not having it, must have been some deal, especially as they refused us the buy option

Think he scored an even better one against Newcastle. Cup game I think

I was there that day ! January 1997 , at st james’s park , think it was dalglish’s first home game in charge after keegan left. Two brilliant goals from woan, I was sitting with all the fookin geordies and had to just sit there in silence when we scored! I was bursting! All the forest fans up in the corner going mental! What a top day that was 😎😎😎

Last edited:
Apparently, Nick Randall has had a new suit and been to Power Cutz in Radford to have the hot towel treatment, all in preparation for the conveyor belt of signings to be unveiled in the next 72 hours.

Strap yourselves in chaps.

Reckon they skipped The Eye Test?

Valencia are reported to be in debt to the tune of 400M Euro’s. A further 30m this season. They are in need of selling some assets. Forest are after 19 yr old left back Vasquez. £4m maybe the price. Derby of Spain.