Summer transfer window thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Erm, so would you care to retract and apologise?

I will give you one chance and one chance only. If you don't then consider yourself reported.
Too late. Reported. You gave him chance to retract, so it's in the hands of the mods now.

He can expect a hammering on the door at 2am. I hope he has said his goodbyes and packed a spare pair of pants

Soh cost us 4million. I'm guessing we will get 400k for him in the summer

Can't see ojeda lasting either

Looks like we are looking to take Luke Turner on trial. 19 year old centre back from Aberdeen who has been on loan at Cliftonville where he has apparently done well.

Luke freeman made 5 appearances all season. Went to Millwall and played once on loan. Serious decline...for a man on serious wages

Tyler walker had a horrible time at pompey on loan from Coventry . Paid 7k a week...was being booed by the fans.

Luke freeman made 5 appearances all season. Went to Millwall and played once on loan. Serious decline...for a man on serious wages

Tyler walker had a horrible time at pompey on loan from Coventry . Paid 7k a week...was being booed by the fans.

It was a pity it didn't work out for Freeman here. I'd always rated him at QPR and thought he was a threat with his free kicks and crosses.

Was very happy when we signed him but seemed he could never quite get fit again after his injuries - always looked like he was carrying too much weight.

I remember watching Freeman and thinking he was premier league quality. Playing through a misdiagnosed injury has destroyed him.

Walker has proven that he is a top line League One striker but that’s his limit. Torrid time at Pompey but then he isn’t the first and won’t be the last. His attitude wasn’t the best when given chances with us so maybe that’s something to do with it…

It was a pity it didn't work out for Freeman here. I'd always rated him at QPR and thought he was a threat with his free kicks and crosses.

Was very happy when we signed him but seemed he could never quite get fit again after his injuries - always looked like he was carrying too much weight.

Me too. I had high hopes for him. Perhaps that injury is still at him.

I tipped up Twine last year as one of the bright prospects. Id still take a look at him. I think we can get Davis and having a third hotshot would be ideal.
Of course that's very possibly dependent on how close to being ready our u23's are deemed. I can imagine one or two of our forwards going the loan route tho,seems like the done thing.

Bowler and Wallace I imagine are still of interest but does look like Wallace is going abroad

Soh cost us 4million. I'm guessing we will get 400k for him in the summer

Can't see ojeda lasting either
I'm not writing Ojeida off, just cos he looks a player. We also saw Coops talk highly of Mighten long term despite his poor season so longer-term he could still be a prospect in Coopers eyes yet. Ive been really puzzled by this player's absence for a while and keep hoping someone would ask about him in one of the interviews

The good thing is is that great championship ability players will see us as a very good bet now (if we don’t go up) Atmosphere has changed thanks to coops. Only question is whether the team can gel quickly enough next season as there will be a lot of new players

More new plyers
Back could be a good back up on the right fella, but on the left Back wouldn’t be a good back up because ideally a good back up backs up better if he has a right foot. Back backing up on the left would be less of a good back up because backing up on the left requires a back up with a decent left foot and lots of energy-hence Osborb .

Back up a pip, you want osborb back as left wing back chap?

I guess in an ideal world if we don’t go up we give him a lucrative contract and he stays for another year at least. Brentford doesn’t sound that appealing and would he play regularly in most prem teams? Not sure. He’ll be a better player in a year

Also, I wouldn’t regard Brentford as an established PL team yet. If they lose Erickson and Toney this summer they’ll be scrapping next season

He's a midfielder Bash. The Blackburn fans are in a paddy with him. Apparently he has been sulking since his move to Bornmuff fell through. They also moan he doesn't score enough goals.
Though there is obviously fan anger there.
If he is a defensive midfielder then I am not sure how he fits when we have Yates, Colback and Ojeda albeit the latter would need to come good.

A good player is a good player though so hopefully he is an improvement on what we have.

Must admit I am happier with some of the other targets though - the young and up and comings.