Summer Transfer Window - Here We Go Again.. | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window - Here We Go Again..

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
So much for doing our business early and having a quieter window - we are under siege again with Judge and now these Hogan rumours. Feels like it's us against the world again.

A lot of this madness is totally out of our control, but it's huge 7 days for those trusted with player negotiations and incoming recruitment.

Lots to discuss that's for sure but for me it strengthens my resolve to back the main man to steer us through it. Sure I've had previous criticisms but I truly hope that most fans can hold their emotions and resist having a pop if players are sold. Where the focus and some questions can be asked imo, is if we lose players and still fail to bring anyone in.

Trust the owner, back the club and those that want to run their arses off for the stripes on Saturday- all we can do.

No one is particularly surprised about Judge leaving are they? Apart from the timing as he's still injured. I expected him to go in Jan but his agent pulled the plug last minute because his Asthma/drugs test had just occurred. Once he was injured no one really expected to see any more of him other than a couple of run outs before the Jan window if we were lucky.

I've not heard the Hogan rumours. What now, Barcelona?

Hogan linked with Hull Beefeater, albeit via a bit of a spurious source atm - doesn't feel like it has legs currently. Hull is almost as glamorous as Barcalona tbf.

Not surprised at all about Judge, loved every minute of his time here but he clearly wants to move. BFC and AJ have been great for each other, nothing lasts for ever and I can only wish him well. BFC have to do what they can to make the best out of the situation, we still have some cards to deal with suitors and need to bring some money in quickly.

The key is who can we bring in before this time next week.

I guess Judge going now would be very little difference in terms of income than him going in Jan.
1) There would only be half a season left on his contract so we'd be desperate to get something for him.
2) We can use the money we get for him now - if we have a target - or throughout Jan rather than panicking at the end of Jan.
3) We save on his wages.

Could we turn down say, £7.5m-£10m for Hogan from Hull? He'd be in the Prem and earning loads but it doesn't sound like he's a wantaway, more like we'd be cashing in on a desperate Hull. But unless we've got a deal sorted for a replacement it could f*** us right up!

Hell of a risk for Judge and Newcastle to be honest. They are getting someone back from a massive and terrible injury. Will he ever be the same player again? We knew he'd be off, I honestly thought we'd have to extend his contract a bit to show he was ready to move on again.
If Hogan goes and no decent replacement is brought in it would cost a lot more in the long run than the money we'd get for him. We have nothing much up front to help him as is, so to get rid of our main hope for goals without a proven scorer would be utter madness. I for one, don't think he'll be going anywhere.

Good stuff Beef / CB - I think i'm with you BB, selling Hogan regardless of the fee would be one too many at the moment - unless ready made replacements could be signed in the next days, which I really doubt.

AJ has gone in all respects other than that we have to pay him and rehabilitate him, he almost certainly wants to go but who's to say he isn't trying to help BFC at the same time? I feel he will recover his fitness and form quickly and Newcastle have a hell of a player.

I do feel that we MUST sign someone in this window just for the boost and lift it will give everyone, as others point out we have the same players available on Sat that beat Ipswich and Forest, but the positive vibe given by a decent new player around GP would be massive.

No time to panic, it's interesting and the buying and selling process is part of the plan at work. The key is to find and acquire more talent and this is where the recruitment team need to show their mettle.

Genuine question re the window and our pals from FFC. Are there any pro footballers out there with a pulse that they aren't trying to sign? Shopping at Eibar, Celtic and a club in China today for Gyan - yes him.

They were bad the past 2 seasons but have gone f***ing cuckoo this time round.

How does that work with FFP - Unbelievable!

I suspect this is the last of the parachute payments for them so it's sh*t or bust. Let's all hope for a bust!

The pressure is on but I can at least see that we are trying hard to get people in. The stated aim to leave each window with a stronger squad looks a stretch right now, as it has been in the previous two.

Mentioned it elsewhere but the way Huddersfield seem to have gone about their work is interesting, typical that the time we revert back to British market it all goes silly.

As for Fulham, just plain wrong what money they are throwing around - spun king all their failure reward money I hope.

Some names linked already today, I guess the positive in this is that we are working hard to strengthen although it is frustratingly late in the window. I thin it could be an eye watering 2 days around planet football, thanks Sky & the PL for starting this madness - guess we mugs with subscriptions will pay in the end! What hasn't helped Brentford is the prior DoF statements about leaving each window stronger than we went in, waiting for the summer as it's easier to do deals that January. Looking difficult to substantiate those statements at present. If we are innovative as we like to believe we simply have to find and acquire the talent, we do pretty well at improving and then selling them on.

I know the market is really challenging and i'm sure they are really trying but this is their task, let's hope they are able to give us what we need to keep us competitive and safe. I genuinely wish them well.

Linked with Henry of Walsall again. Would allow us to play a 5-3-2 which might actually work better for us given the players we have at the club

He'd be a superb signing imo, fits our profile although i'd be sad if it pushes Tom Field further back - again you'd have to call it a DS coup and hardly left-field or something from the stats or scouting.

Never mind, he'll do nicely for us if it gets done.

Not wanting to put a damper on it. But Sawyers came highly recommended by Smith too. For me, this is not enough. We need more. And we need tried and tested at this level. No excuses. We have raided Smith's old patch again. What the hell do we pay the DOF's for? You know. The ones who talked Benham into going into a system that outed our best manager and have weakened the squad ever since.
I'll happily say I jumped the gun in criticism. But sad to say......where did we used to be?

Before this season I'd only seen Sawyers and Henry once - that was when they played us in the cup. Henry looked quality and gave an on-fire Sergi Canos a real battle. Sawyers looked ordinary, tidy passer, kept things ticking over but at the time people were talking about him replacing Judge and I couldn't see it. Sawyers has shown a few flashes this season so I've not given up on him at all but Henry does excite me. We also need another player called Nico, we don't have enough!

Pleased to see the 2 new boys coming in and think they can really help us to stay safe - and that's the extent of my hopes for 16/17. Henry was a significant capture and we worked well to pull this off when we did, something like this along with the Bentley deal may encourage other players to come to BFC, rather than take the cash to sit on benches at other more glamorous clubs. Even happier with the new contract for Ryan Woods, our best player for a while now. I think it is really positive that MB has shown he's willing to spend and pursue a range of targets despite the madness. We were in for a few and only got 2, but the fact that we in the market says a lot about his continued commitment to BFC. Also that we didn't lose any of our big players was equally positive, although i'd have been happier to get a couple more in and perhaps move a couple on.

On the downside the squad is still thin in some areas and top heavy in others - and we will need to be luckier with injuries than we have been.

There are so many discussion points around this window generally, lots to say - more later.

There are so many similarities with Moses and Rico and I suspect that 5 year contract is going to mean a lot of money for us at some point.