Summer transfer thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Not liking what I have just read about Marriott.

It appears The Sheep are now ahead of us in the race to sign him - just wish we would pull our finger out and get the money on the table rather sharpish.

I'll be having hot sweats if they snatch him now, because you can guarantee it will come back and haunt us.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/1...-wanted-nottingham-forest-move-but-now-derby/

In the same article it says marriot still wants to move to forest, he's ours if we want him, barry fry is just trying to make us meet the asking price he wants which is a touch high, we will be negotiating that's for sure. He wants rid quickly so they can plan for next season without him.

I know it's only paper talk and there are the politics with people like Fry who will try every trick in the book to humph the asking price up but I still get a bit tetchy when things drag on bringing more clubs into the equation.
Just hope JM sticks it out and does what he wants by joining a Famous Club.

we will need a few more very good players at this level to reach the prem. the Portuguese are young and untested at this level..no guarantees here.

If I was Barry Fryup I'd be pedalling exactly this kind of article, he's trying to force our hand using the media but we're playing it exactly right with the 'meh' approach IMO

I agree with Sanchez, he's ours IF we want him, although I'd still prefer Perez obvs

Back to Jack

There's only one thing I would be asking myself if I was Jack Marriott.....

Do I want to be in a suicidal position at the end of next season knowing my team has blown it again in the play-offs? - Do I want to be seeing my team mates & our supporters in tears like they have done on so many occasions?

His answer should be an emphatic NO.

So Jack, you should stick to your guns and join the club you chose earlier if you want success with the the best chances of reaching the Premiership.

Back to Jack

There's only one thing I would be asking myself if I was Jack Marriott.....

Do I want to be in a suicidal position at the end of next season knowing my team has blown it again in the play-offs? - Do I want to be seeing my team mates & our supporters in tears like they have done on so many occasions?

His answer should be an emphatic NO.

So Jack, you should stick to your guns and join the club you chose earlier if you want success with the the best chances of reaching the Premiership.
But if Taylor correct, Jack is not our first or even second choice, so it doesn’t matter if he wants to come to us, he’s not our priority.