Summer transfer thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

I am hoping Cash will be playing full back.

Ok we’re talking about a complete overhaul of the side, what if AK doesn’t feel that Cash can make enough of a reliable contribution, to warrant a place in the squad? With FFP we have to make some brutal decisions. If we can get acceptable fees for players like cash, worral and even Brereton can we turn it down?

The Portuguese players we have just signed presage a New mindset. As fans we may have to stomach some unpalatable truths, to transform from relegation fodder to promotion hopefuls some painful choices have to be made.

No way should we be ditching the bringing through of young players that is the only way to make the club sustainable & selling off the family silver to buy expensive imports will not help in the long term. I know a managers tenure is short & results driven but a chairman’s or CEO’s shouldn’t be. Zero point blowing a shit of load of money on playerz to get promoted then relegated straight away (having got 12 points or more obviously) then having to cost cut & start again with young players.

We need a system that can out last losing a player to injury or sale & even losing a manager. Ripping it up & starting again every 8 or 9 months is stupid, it has failed & it will continue to fail.

8 million bid for Bamford rejected apparently chaps according to the media
Not a bad starting bid but I think this is a non starter.

Boro under no financial pressure and have no reason to strengthen a club they must be starting to think could become a potential rival.

It would have to be a pretty excessive bid that allowed them to significantly strengthen to make it worth it I would imagine

When Matty Cash has played, it seems our performances have been better. Maybe his injury record will count against him and AK is looking for more reliable players.

Might be a 4 5 1 at home and a 3 5 2 away ....how do you play carvalho, gonclaves, a striker , possibly this dias chap and lolley and still play cash every game? Maybe cash at rb at home and as a wingback away? Osborn pretty sure is earmarked for the lb/lwb role. Brereton , he probably comes on for a cameo. Looks like we will have lots of options at least.