Summer transfer thread | Page 85 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Nixon says ‘stories’ not signings.
May be outgoings...

I don't think that is significant. He's not going to say "two signings tomorrow".

Could indeed be outgoings but i'm struggling to think of any players in our squad that his paper would be interested in writing about unless it's Osborn again

I don't think that is significant. He's not going to say "two signings tomorrow".

Could indeed be outgoings but i'm struggling to think of any players in our squad that his paper would be interested in writing about unless it's Osborn again

With all these midfielders coming in, will Osborn get a game ? Not quite sure how that would work.

When was the last time we mentioned Matt Cash either? When is he going to play again?

Unless those two are the wingbacks?

When Matty Cash has played, it seems our performances have been better. Maybe his injury record will count against him and AK is looking for more reliable players.

Potential outgoings - I am not in the know.
Just responding to the Pope’s suggestion that newspapers would not be interested in any of our players leaving.
Worrall? Who knows - it is eminently possible that AK might move 1 or 2 out that might fetch a few quid.

Worrall is an interesting one. Obviously a massive future talent, but if the goal is promotion next season, is he to be the sacrificial lamb. It’s clear there’s a massive shuffling of the pack is going on.

Not convinced Worrall is going anywhere. Seems to me that centre back is the one area that is fully sorted so would take s massive offer to tempt us to part with him.

Not for a moment suggesting Worrall will be on his way - just making the point ( may well be wrong ) that any one of a number of our players could be on their way & feature in the tabloids for whatever reason.
Nixon has a habit of berating us - nothing he puts into print would surprise me.

With the signing of Dias one of the ‘stories’ could well be about the influence of Mendes on our club. That wouldn’t surprise me after the grief Wolves got last season.