Summer transfer thread | Page 84 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Some reporting a deal is close for pants and some (well just the post really) saying it’s stalled and like Pope says that story is regurgitated (as they do...often)

Jose Sa was also linked with Wolves in May. Mendes links working overtime.

He hasnt played too much so not sure what to think.

Jose Sa was also linked with Wolves in May. Mendes links working overtime.

He hasnt played too much so not sure what to think.

According to Wikipedia he mostly played in the champions league last season. His first game for Porto he made a big blunder and gifted the opposition their first goal in a 3-0 defeat. He lost his place after a 5-0 defeat to Liverpool

Sounds like he didn't do all that well, but we are talking the elite standard. Ask Willi Caballero.

Like you say Basha, we don't have enough data. I would prefer Pantillimon as we at least know what we are getting

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia he mostly played in the champions league last season. His first game for Porto he made a big blunder and gifted the opposition their first goal in a 3-0 defeat. He lost his place after a 5-0 defeat to Liverpool

Sounds like he didn't do all that well, but we are talking the elite standard. Ask Willi
Caballero.

Like you say Basha, we don't have enough data. I would prefer the Pantillimon as we at least know what we are getting
Yeah I am all for bringing on good young players but goalkeeper is the one place where I do think that, unless the young keeper is exceptional I would rather have experience and the known quantity. As JC21 says, Ruddy would be worth an enquiry if we can’t get Pantillimon.

The vukcevic deal is pivotal for me the powerhouse in midfield we've been lacking for years. He's the one that will tie it all together alongside Watson, its gone a bit quiet though so hopefully its going to come to fruition.
Yeah I am hoping this is the next full signing for us. He looks quality.

Quite a few less reliable twitter sources seem to be saying we are closer to signing Pantillimon today.

Note that these are less reliable that the post

To be honest, 'lacking final ball' is a pretty common complained across the championship.

This lad, if he plays, is presumably going to push Joe Lolley out. He'll have to be superb to keep Joe on the bench so in a sense I'm not worried.

I am worried about up front and both Fullbacks

He may push Joe but he won’t push him out, or if he does he’s gonna have a hell of a season!
Having a back up player of Equal quality in the key positions is vital for success in my book. Be it using rotation or from the bench
they have to bring something to the game other than fresh legs.

Not convinced. Dias has already broken.

Nixon said yesterday I think "Sunday" in reply to a question about Grabban.

I suspect at least one might be a player who isn't already as good as confirmed
You may well be right but as it only really broke yesterday it may still be regurgitated.

The most I reckon we will hear about Grabban is that he is considering his options as he won’t be in any rush and if he is moving I doubt it will be to us. I think Soudani and another Mendes signing will be our new strikers.

Just seen a tweet (from the sun !!!) that pants is close to signing. How many is that now, that are “close” to signing?

Shades of Adama Traore about him. Other than out and out strikers we now seem well stocked in the forward positions.