Summer transfer thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

This is a relatively harmless punt. Nothing more. Probably as much about returning a favour to Mendes as anything else.

I would worry about any player from Italy in our division but there's always a chance he'll tear it up here.

Maybe a case of, "Look, we'll give you a hand and give this lad a chance to prove himself if you sort us a top bollocks striker..."

Wishful thinking I know but stranger things etc.

At 21 years old, playing in a new league and a new country in a new team under a new manager, we just don't know what we're going to get. He shows promise, and that's enough. Certainly for an initial loan. If that promise doesn't come good we don't buy.

Pope ...from the comments on the Viola fans...this guy looks like another Dumitru...the later was on Napolis books but played all over Europe...this fella is on Monacos books and already started his tour of Europe...if he was that good...Fiorentina woukd have kept him...another fingers crossed and lets wait to see him play...but lets not make as if we signed some young Messi or young Ronaldo...players like those 2 remained with their parent club for most of their careers

Reactions: PVH
Pope ...from the comments on the Viola fans...this guy looks like another Dumitru...the later was on Napolis books but played all over Europe...this fella is on Monacos books and already started his tour of Europe...if he was that good...Fiorentina woukd have kept him...another fingers crossed and lets wait to see him play...but lets not make as if we signed some young Messi or young Ronaldo...players like those 2 remained with their parent club for most of their careers

Dumitru came to us from Napoli, true. But he had played 10 games for them in 5 years. His last couple of loans had been in Serie D, which is semi pro.

This guy played 27 times for Fiorentina last season. Fiorentina finished 8th. Let's not pretend that the 8th place club in Serie A are giving 27 games in one season to a player the quality of Dumitru.

I have no idea how good he is but he has been playing fairly regularly last season at least one level above this in terms of league and probably two levels in terms of club size and he is only just about to turn 22.

It is the equivalent of Everton letting us have a young player who has failed to hold down a solid place in the squad. It's no disgrace to not be top flight standard at 21 and the drop in standard might make him a big fish in a much smaller pond.

And if it doesn't, we haven't lost anything, it hasn't cost a fortune and we have done a favour to the bloke that we have basically thrown our lot in with to get promotion.

I am sure he has come here to play and AK will want him to play a certain way with not too many mistakes.
NFFC will take no prisoners or passengers this season and he like all the rest of the team will have one aim...to be playing 2019-2020 in the prem.
There is no doubting his ability in my mind and I am sure his application will be 100% and will prove to be a fantastic signing.
I for one am imagining him tearing thevleague a new one.
I can doubt the same as the next fella...but this year is different...this year will be the year and he will be an integral part of it

You can compare players' records in comparative leagues, ages and success all you want.

But really who can guess from a few YouTube clips and Google translated articles? Are you getting a Salah and De Bruyne in their Chelsea period? We're nowhere near informed enough to know.

For me I'm excited by the way we're doing business, it seems professional and considered. I don't get the impression we've risked the future of the club to finance this gamble, there seems to be quite a few contingencies and an understanding of the FFP workings with the way deals are structured.

Joss SA, the goalkeeper is the one doing the rounds this morning. I know he has been mentioned already. Post are running the (days old) story that Pantillimon is delayed and suddenly the Twitter timeline is full of this Sa guy

His career is comparative to Burke's career to date if not better, if he were sold now he'd be 5-10m easy but Monaco are under no pressure to sell and if they think he can have a break through year in the championship then send him there if he succeeds in that he's worth 17.5m

If it doesn't work out we have paid a comparatively small amount of money on a very hot prospect who could easily get a gig in the top leagues in Germany Italy Portugal Spain and France

How can you compare lining up against the defences of Juve Roma Inter AC Napoli and the likes versus the EFL nuts and also don't forget Mendes gets a big fat pay day if these loans convert to signings where the hell is his incentive to offer up crap

The boy is valued at 17.5m we should judge him on that basis until he starts kicking a ball then if he's not all that I'm sure there will be no shortage of folks saying so

I do like the sound of this lad,” pace and ability to go past people”
These are the qualities we lacked more than any other last year, if he needs to learn to make better decisions once he gets in good positions, AK can coach him that, the fact he can get there is the main thing!

Looks like the ‘supply chain’ is being addressed big time so stands to reason the strikers will follow?

I do like the sound of this lad,” pace and ability to go past people”
These are the qualities we lacked more than any other last year, if he needs to learn to make better decisions once he gets in good positions, AK can coach him that, the fact he can get there is the main thing!

Looks like the ‘supply chain’ is being addressed big time so stands to reason the strikers will follow?

To be honest, 'lacking final ball' is a pretty common complained across the championship.

This lad, if he plays, is presumably going to push Joe Lolley out. He'll have to be superb to keep Joe on the bench so in a sense I'm not worried.

I am worried about up front and both Fullbacks