Summer transfer thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

You pressed a wrong key!

What, on your stair lift?

Are you back on speaking terms with Fat Rob yet?

That was a lousy trick he played on you when he grassed you up.
I didn't come onto the site to insult other posters nor did I want to get into slanging matches and stooping to some of the levels of certain posters so if you please I'd sooner talk football where possible - especially Forest.
There's many good posters that's been cyber bullied and driven away by those that get their enjoyment from ripping people to pieces just to get their sordid kicks.
I don't need an ignore button!!! I can do that naturally :yes: unlike some.

I hope you don't think I'm referring to you Mayo.

I didn't come onto the site to insult other posters nor did I want to get into slanging matches and stooping to some of the levels of certain posters so if you please I'd sooner talk football where possible - especially Forest.
There's many good posters that's been cyber bullied and driven away by those that get their enjoyment from ripping people to pieces just to get their sordid kicks.

I hope you ndon't think I'm referring to you Mayo.

"There's many good posters that's been cyber bullied and driven away by those that get their enjoyment from ripping people to pieces just to get their sordid kicks."

Oh, you mean the sordid Clique!

Yes, they are still around; this time they are driving people on to the new COYR Forum through the medium of humour.

Last edited:
Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 10m10 minutes ago
FOREST. Maynard will be on way. Something surprising coming up striker wise.

Followed by :

Colin Fray ‏@colin_frayBBC 35m35 minutes ago
Hi all. Its been a while, im hearing Gary Hooper is close to joining on loan #NFFC.

Any truth who knows but more gossip for you all .
How many years ago is that from snoggy ?:grinning:

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 10m10 minutes ago
FOREST. Maynard will be on way. Something surprising coming up striker wise.

Followed by :

Colin Fray ‏@colin_frayBBC 35m35 minutes ago
Hi all. Its been a while, im hearing Gary Hooper is close to joining on loan #NFFC.

Any truth who knows but more gossip for you all .

I can't find a Colin Fray tweet in the last five days and I can't find the Alan Nixon one today either, nor any reference to forest in the last couple of days.

Fray's last tweet was 5 days ago talking about restarting his Twitter career. His last one had been 2014!

You are having us on or someone is having you on.

I hope you don't think I'm referring to you Mayo.

I appreciate it may seem cowardly, but I do put people on ignore. There are those that don’t have anything meaningful or interesting to say, they just trot out the same old tired puns and repetitive mantras. Putting them on ignore, just makes this forum so much more readable. I can get to the interesting insights, opinions and gossip without having to trawl through pages of mindless tedious drivel.

I appreciate it may seem cowardly, but I do put people on ignore. There are those that don’t have anything meaningful or interesting to say, they just trot out the same old tired puns and repetitive mantras. Putting them on ignore, just makes this forum so much more readable. I can get to the interesting insights, opinions and gossip without having to trawl through pages of mindless tedious drivel.

I agree thats why I have everyone on ignore with the exception of yo so I would kindly ask you to STOP quoting people I have blocked.

Toodlepip:tophat:

May have already been mentioned in the previous 56 pages, but the NP also mentions Dan Potts who, through my in depth knowledge of Wikipedia, appears to be a youngish LB at Luton.

I see the NEP have, as usual, regurgitated all of the latest twitter 'news' and rumour about possible signings and are stressing the ambition of capturing Goncalves and Carvalho from Benfica, if it happens.

If it's true, the transfer of Carvalho in particular, at between £10m and £15m, is both exciting and worrying in equal quantity. A great prospect he may be, but that is all he is. He has made a handful of appearances for Benfica and many more for the Portugal under X teams. He has very little experience and at 5ft 7in he hardly has the physique demanded of the Championship. If it goes wrong we put the club at risk.

But what do I know? I haven't even seen him play. Maybe he's the new Iniesta, but if he is, why hasn't he been snapped up by Spurs, Arsenal or Man U, who reportedly have him on their radar?

I'm encouraged by the increased investment by the owner but this is a huge gamble, is it not? Maybe he's on a level with Dowell, which I personally would be pleased about (though some wouldn't). We certainly don't want another Lica or Teixeira! Thoughts?

I like Hutton, whom I think would do a great job short term.

Same here, it just doesn't seem reasonable to splash that amount of cash on a player who is still U21 international. I am surewe could bring 2-3 proven players for that money.

Perhaps he will prove me wrong, and if that is the case our scouting might become our strongest weapon.

In your obvious desperation to score cheap points, you may want to check out the kind of person you are defending.

The kind of person who makes unfounded allegations, casting aspersions on other peoples integrity; in this instance that person is no longer around to defend himself.

Thankfully in Sangria's case, the person in question managed to resolve the issues with him face to face; and what a joy it was to watch.

At least Sangria is no longer banned from the site; lets hope he has turned over a new leaf.

Sky news now reporting Carvalho and Goncalves.
Wonder if the reported interest in Potts is because Clark isn't coming or are we looking at 2 left backs?