Summer transfer thread | Page 130 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Been told that Derby have held talks with EFL & whilst they are not 'currently' in embargo - there is a very high likelihood this will come to pass, based upon their forecast year end accounts.

EFL have suggested that they may not sanction signings that involve a fee or high wages.

Vydra & Martin will not feature in the friendly this weekend, as they are seeking to cut wage bill and bring in some transfer funds.

Sheffield Wednesday have also run into trouble & have not taken up the option to sign Jacob Butterfield permanently (from Derby). They are also seeking to sell & Jordan Rhodes may well be available at a much lower price than they paid!

Make of that what you will.

I hope Colback is a loan and not permanent - was he really that good last year?

Final year of his contract, he will not play for Newcastle again but we don't want to pay a fee for a player 'free' in 12 months - Colback keen to avoid that too... because as a free agent he will benefit from a higher wage.

There is a deal to be done, but I think Forest are doing this the right way.... with FFP in mind!

I've lost track of the cash being splashed but am beginning to feel a bit bothered. Assume we're not in any trouble yet and assume that the club is in complete control.
But we don't appear to have finished yet either.
Either way it's certainly exciting.

Been told that Derby have held talks with EFL & whilst they are not 'currently' in embargo - there is a very high likelihood this will come to pass, based upon their forecast year end accounts.

EFL have suggested that they may not sanction signings that involve a fee or high wages.

Vydra & Martin will not feature in the friendly this weekend, as they are seeking to cut wage bill and bring in some transfer funds.

Sheffield Wednesday have also run into trouble & have not taken up the option to sign Jacob Butterfield permanently (from Derby). They are also seeking to sell & Jordan Rhodes may well be available at a much lower price than they paid!

Make of that what you will.
Thought Rhodes had already gone on loan to Norwich.

Thought Rhodes had already gone on loan to Norwich.

Apologies, probably unclear.... they (SWFC) are trying to sell & offload players generally, it was a follow on comment from them declining the permanent signing of Butterfield.

With regard to Rhodes, a January target of ours ...... he's been loaned out, as they wanted to recoup closer to what they had paid originally - but, no takers at that price, coupled with wage.... but they are/were actively trying to sell him> > Taking his wage off the bill initially via loan (with permanent signing option) is better than nothing.

Interesting season ahead for many clubs, for differing reasons.

I've lost track of the cash being splashed but am beginning to feel a bit bothered. Assume we're not in any trouble yet and assume that the club is in complete control.
But we don't appear to have finished yet either.
Either way it's certainly exciting.

I think Forest are being a bit cagey with some of the transfer fees and it's possibly a way around FFP especially with the bigger amounts.

By spreading costs over a few years i.e. If someone comes in at say £15m
spread over 5 years only £3m shows up on the balance sheet of this financial year and if we were to sign £50m pounds worth of players we would only be showing £10m for this financial year!!!! - To do this I'm sure there would be interest agreed.

I would also imagine agreements would be in place to pay the outstanding debts to all clubs if we should get promoted to the Premiership.

It's a gamble but still within the budget if we don't get promoted this season or the next.

Apologies, probably unclear.... they (SWFC) are trying to sell & offload players generally, it was a follow on comment from them declining the permanent signing of Butterfield.

With regard to Rhodes, a January target of ours ...... he's been loaned out, as they wanted to recoup closer to what they had paid originally - but, no takers at that price, coupled with wage.... but they are/were actively trying to sell him> > Taking his wage off the bill initially via loan (with permanent signing option) is better than nothing.

Interesting season ahead for many clubs, for differing reasons.

I think a few clubs are now paying very clever lawyers in getting around a few of the FFP rules & laws be it fees or loans.

You would think that with Cummings gone to posh that would open the door to marriott arriving in spirit of cooperation between both clubs reading what DMacantony stated in his twitter reply, after announcing the Cummings deal. Apparently all is forgotten after the fawas debacle and we are now bezzy mates.lol