Summer Transfer Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

But we know Huddersfield were in financial difficulty even before this crisis, and that they want Walker.

I wouldn't have thought that we would be in rude financial health looking at the fact that Marinakis's main income source is shipping and the global supply chain is a bit fucked now.

But, maybe looking at that, he's willing to gamble to get to the Prem to solve his undoubted other financial issues?

Clubs under financial stress tend not to get their asking price regardless of whether they want to sell or not.

The happenings of the last three Months is going to have a massive bearing on transfer prices; player values will plummet, as will wages, particularly at our level.

Maybe we could get him for around that price then?

I wouldn't have thought that we would be in rude financial health looking at the fact that Marinakis's main income source is shipping and the global supply chain is a bit fucked now.

But, maybe looking at that, he's willing to gamble to get to the Prem to solve his undoubted other financial issues?

Shipping prices, particularly the Tanker side of things, has rocketed recently; Marinakis will have plenty to do while there is no football; counting his money should keep him quiet for a while

Shipping prices, particularly the Tanker side of things, has rocketed recently; Marinakis will have plenty to do while there is no football; counting his money should keep him quiet for a while

Interesting. I have some friends who have businesses producing things that the demand has actually increased for during COVID, but they can't do anything because of supply chain issues!

But we know Huddersfield were in financial difficulty even before this crisis, and that they want Walker.

I could not believe it when I read that they have financial difficulties.

They have another two years of parachute payments and it is not as though they have been big spenders.

However, they owe their previous owner 45m of previous debts and they have a 30+m line of credit with their bank.

They have been living beyond their means for a while now and the new owner wants the situation addressing; that was probably in his mind when he appointed the ex Lincoln manager.

Interesting. I have some friends who have businesses producing things that the demand has actually increased for during COVID, but they can't do anything because of supply chain issues!

I read that Container prices have gone up because Ports are full of the bloody things and are very few available.

Another couple of Months and the prices will be back to previous levels

I read that Container prices have gone up because Ports are full of the bloody things and are very few available.

Another couple of Months and the prices will be back to previous levels

Yes, the Major is having problems shipping his Franz Range at the mo.

I'm guessing that he will have to liquidate soon and reform under his successful Dust Range

I'm guessing that he will have to liquidate soon and reform under his successful Dust Range

Is he having Carr-go problems with his Franz range?

Last edited:

Sounds like the Franz range is going downhill fast.

Hows the Bentley Blower business going?

Or is that just more hot air?