Summer Transfer Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

I am under no illusions that he is anything more than a journeyman but as backup to Grabban, at least we know he won’t disgrace himself in this division.

Would rather we went out and found someone younger and better but not sure that’s the market our owners want to shop in at the moment.

I can't see how we will sign him to be honest. If we went up, we need much, much better. If we are still in the championship, will he accept a 2-3 year contract on Championship wages? I think Celtic / Rangers will grab him.
Wouldn't be averse to signing him on a 2 year deal with an option for 3 if we are still in this division next year. Grabz, Lyle and Costa will do me for our front 3 rotation. If we go up, we need to splash the cash a bit more

I actually agree with Mao; I think his agent is plucking a lot of this interest out of his backside, including ours.

I have just looked at his career record and am even more determined we shouldn't go near this player.

11 goals isn't impressive at this level really; 22 games played from 43 is quite alarming.

No fucking way are Celtic and rangers after this 30 year old, let alone any PL teams

I actually agree with Mao; I think his agent is plucking a lot of this interest out of his backside, including ours.

I have just looked at his career record and am even more determined we shouldn't go near this player.

11 goals isn't impressive at this level really; 22 games played from 43 is quite alarming.

No fucking way are Celtic and rangers after this 30 year old, let alone any PL teams

He's probably the best we can afford.

I really hope we don't sign this piece of shit

Well well well, look what we have here. The t**t calling the kettle black.

Why don't you pack in with your crappy comments and leave this forum once and for all? Maybe THEN we can all enjoy ourselves without your vitriol

Look, we all know he's a piece of shit. Yes, the Charlton fans call him a cokehead journeyman, who has only had one good season, but when we sign him, at least he'll be our Piece of Shit Cokehead One Season Wonder Journeyman.

He was excellent in both games against us this season. Really had us on the back foot and a threat. Will certainly help ease the burden on grabban. I said it in January that he would be a good signing and I stand by that.

Inglesworth, Triple Word Popsheet , double asterisk tab as well.

Cracking work AC

Where is that young upstart Inglepop these days chap? Another no-show at the Triple M and no trail of fisHcake breadcrumbs to lead us to him.

I'm wondering if he's busy starting up his own allotment chap and is looking to rival Bert with his own line of radish and turnip smoothies?

Alert the troops chap, we're at war

I am under no illusions that he is anything more than a journeyman but as backup to Grabban, at least we know he won’t disgrace himself in this division.

Would rather we went out and found someone younger and better but not sure that’s the market our owners want to shop in at the moment.

Would you not say that refusing to play for his club who are in a relegation battle is a disgrace?

Would you not say that refusing to play for his club who are in a relegation battle is a disgrace?
It’s definitely something I don’t like to see and it would make me think twice about signing the player.

The flip side is though that clubs are quite happily refusing to extend players contracts to the end of the season so it’s a bit of swings and roundabouts.

When I said he wouldn’t disgrace himself though, I was talking in terms of his ability as well you know you little tinker.

add 20 goals to our strikers and wed be good in the championship. i reckon if Graz can get 20 this guy can too. Grabs might indeed get more with a partner, goals were our issue 18 months ago.
I doubt either would score many in the prem tho

I sincerely hope that the article in the post today linking us to a 32 year old German striker who has played 7 games this season, and scored 3 goals is not symptomatic of our transfer panel. It really is woeful and needs addressing urgently. These loans were an unmitigated disaster, and it's clear we have a panel / advisors who cannot spot a talented footballer.

I sincerely hope that the article in the post today linking us to a 32 year old German striker who has played 7 games this season, and scored 3 goals is not symptomatic of our transfer panel. It really is woeful and needs addressing urgently. These loans were an unmitigated disaster, and it's clear we have a panel / advisors who cannot spot a talented footballer.

He certainly knows where the net is though

you are all assuming grabban stays next season...he isnt averse to moving on

tbh with all teh names thrown around none of them are wet your pants exciting...but seeing our style of football thats hardly surprising

I would like to see colback in, we know hes decent and we know he runs the middle

Lyle is 2 yards quicker than Grabs and tore us a new one this season.
I'd take him in a heartbeat.
However, if we are really in for him, I guess any move for Diagne has fallen through which is a shame.
And despite his lack of games recently, Terrode looks a beast and something we dont have up front so Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and would welcome him if it were true.

We seem to be linked with quite a few centre backs atm too so I expect that there might be 2 Portuguese leaving this summer which I think would be good news as I still think we can improve on Figs in defence but his solid run in the side will mean we could turn a profit ....and might mean we can keep Worral.