Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Word is their first choice right back (not Turton) could be leaving. Gabriel must be their contingency plan. Forest will just sit back and hope a bidding war starts.

As much as I like him, would it not be better for us to look elsewhere ? If Forest are willing to let him go, then what is their actual valuation ? Is he Championship standard ? My belief is that players know what's best for them, after all its been an on going saga. We will get by no matter what.

Football Insider reporting that the club have entered talks with Yates on an improved contract following interest from Blackburn and other clubs

Sheffield Wednesday remain hopeful they can sign Dennis Adeniran, as per a report by Yorkshire Live.
Sheffield Wednesday are thought to be in ‘pole position’ to sign the midfielder.

Adeniran, who is 22-years-old, has held talks with Championship duo Blackpool and Luton Town, whilst Sunderland and Hull City are also believed to be interested.
However, the Owls are confident they can win the race for his signature over the next couple of days.

Read: Sheffield Wednesday ‘unlikely’ to move for Scottish Premiership defender
Adeniran is a free agent after being released by Everton at the end of last season.
He started his career on the books at Fulham and rose up through the youth ranks at Craven Cottage before playing five times for their first-team.
1308112652.jpg

The midfielder was lured up north by Everton in 2017 and has been with the Toffees for the past four years. However, he never made a senior appearance for the Premier League side.
The ex-England youth international was loaned out for the first time last season to Wycombe Wanderers and enjoyed his time in the Championship. He played 22 times for Chairboys under Gareth Ainsworth.
Read: Player released by Luton Town last summer on the move again
Adeniran has left Everton on a permanent basis now and Sheffield Wednesday are hoping to snap him up to bolster their midfield department.

Blackpool manager Neil Critchley says he will ‘keep an eye’ on Sunderland’s Elliot Embleton, who spent the second half of last season on loan with the League One play-off winners.
Embleton, 22, joined Blackpool on loan from Sunderland midway through the last League One season.

He’d featured just nine times in the league for Sunderland but went on to claim 21 for Critchley’s Blackpool side, scoring twice as he played an important part in the Seasiders’ eventual promotion via the League One play-offs.

Soon after the conclusion of the campaign. Blackpool were linked with a permanent swoop for the Englishman (The Sun on Sunday, 30.05.21).

But Lee Johnson has since insisted that Embleton will be given his chance in the Sunderland first-team next season, potentially playing down any potential exit this summer.

Speaking to Blackpool Gazette though, Critchley has insisted that he’ll be keeping an eye on Embleton and his other loan stars from last season, saying:

“Elliot is back at Sunderland and Jordan [Gabriel] is back at Nottingham Forest and I’m sure they will be trying to impress in pre-season to try and get in their team.
“We’ll keep an eye on them, that’s for certain.”

Thoughts?
Embleton could be a huge player for Sunderland next season – he shone for Blackpool, commanding the midfield and showing signs of great potential.
It seems unlikely that Sunderland will sell no matter what the price but the Black Cats could find themselves in a difficult position later down the line, with Embleton only having a year left on his current contract.
A tricky one for Johnson and his team to navigate and with Blackpool loitering, both parties could yet agree on a late deal for Embleton to return to the club.

Last edited:
Neil Critchley has confirmed to The Blackpool Gazette that Blackpool are monitoring Ellis Simms with a view to re-signing the Everton striker for their return to the Championship.

Simms spent the second half of last season on loan at Bloomfield Road and helped secure their promotion. He was unable to feature in the League One play-off final, though, due to a groin injury picked up in the final training session, which Critchley adds required surgery.

But despite Simms being set to miss the start of the new campaign, Critchley hopes Everton will consider another loan. The Liverpool Echo note Toffees chiefs are yet to make a decision on the 20-year-old’s immediate future, with a first-team role possible.

GettyImages-1233037154-1024x683.jpg
Photo by Paul Greenwood – CameraSport via Getty Images
Carlo Ancelotti was to run the rule over Simms in Everton’s pre-season, per The Athletic. But that now falls to Rafa Benitez, and to show the striker his future is at Goodison Park. He is in the final year of his contract, but has been offered new terms, per the Liverpool Echo.

Simms putting pen to paper may also help Critchley strike another loan deal for Blackpool to sign the Everton prospect.

“Ellis has had an operation, so he will be out for a lengthy period of time,” Critchley said. “When the players aren’t yours, the decision isn’t yours either because you’re governed by what other clubs think about them and decide. It’s never in your hands.

“Elliot [Embleton] is back at Sunderland and Jordan [Gabriel] is back at Nottingham Forest and I’m sure they will be trying to impress in pre-season to try and get in their team. We’ll keep an eye on them, that’s for certain.”

BLACKPOOL RETURN A GOOD MOVE FOR EVERTON AND SIMMS
A return to Blackpool would be good for Everton and Simms if Benitez will not offer a first-team role. The forward performed remarkably well in League One with Critchley’s Seasiders and would continue developing.

Simms fired Blackpool into the play-offs with eight goals in 21 regular season matches. He then added another two against Oxford United, to set the Seasiders up for a Wembley showdown with Lincoln City.

Injury cruelly denied the striker his day under the arch, but was clearly on the right tracks in tangerine. Critchley also lauded Simms as a ‘real handful’, via The Blackpool Gazette, in February. Praising his ability to cause defenders problems through his physical presence.

Cardiff and Pool linked with Jack Hunt ex Bristol City - Right Full Back - 30 years old - moving back up North Leeds area

Nixon stating we are back in for Embleton but valuations are miles apart

Thoroughly unsurprising. It was bad enough they let him out on loan to a team that beat them twice and finished above them.

if they are to then let that same home grown player leave to the tier above if would have to be for an exorbitant fee.

I suspect nothing will happen, and then if he’s struggling to get in their team before Christmas a smaller fee can be negotiated in January.

Blackpool have submitted an offer for Nottingham Forest defender Jordan Gabriel, according to Alan Nixon.

Gabriel is no stranger to Blackpool having spent last season on loan at Bloomfield Road, making 35 appearances in all competitions.

The 22-year-old provided great competition at right-back with Ollie Turton and played his part in helping the Tangerines win promotion to the Championship via the play-offs.

Gabriel is now back at Forest and has played in each of their first three pre-season friendlies. As things stand, he is Forest’s first-choice right-back, with Carl Jenkinson understood to have been told to find a new club.

But Blackpool are keen to re-sign Gabriel, with Neil Critchley recently outlining his intentions to keep an eye on his situation.

Now, Alan Nixon reports that Blackpool have tabled an offer for Gabriel as they look to bring him back to Bloomfield Road on a permanent basis.

Nixon says that Forest may need to bring in a right-back before contemplating Gabriel’s departure, though, with other clubs also understood to be keen on his signature.

The Verdict

Forest should definitely avoid selling Gabriel at the moment.

Their transfer activity has been very slow so far this summer, with only Ethan Horvath arriving thus far, so they cannot afford to go into next season without a first-choice right-back.

But even if they do bring one in, they’d lack a large amount of depth in that area if Gabriel were to be sold, with Jenkinson out of favour at the City Ground.

It’s a tough one.

LOGIN REGISTER SEARCH

LOGIN REGISTER SEARC
  1. NEWS
Stuart McCall Joins Blackpool's Coaching Staff
22ND JULyBlackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Stuart McCall as an Assistant Head Coach.
The vastly experienced player and manager, 57, replaces Colin Calderwood on Neil Critchley’s backroom staff, who recently joined Northampton Town.
McCall, whose father Andy played for Blackpool during the late 40s and early 50s, started his career as a midfielder with Bradford City, achieving two promotions, including one to the Premier League as captain.
Three years at Everton followed, prior to becoming a five-time league title winner at Rangers, where McCall made more than 200 appearances and lifted the Scottish Cup on three occasions.
After finishing his playing days at Sheffield United and working as an assistant to Neil Warnock, he started the first of three managerial stints at Bradford City, where he holds legendary status.
He also had a highly successful spell managing Motherwell in the SPL, guiding the club to a Scottish Cup final and two second placed league finishes, amassing a record points total in the process.
Capped 40 times for Scotland, McCall joined the coaching staff of the national team for three years in 2013 as an assistant to Gordon Strachan, before returning to Bradford for the third time, reaching the League One play-off final in 2017.
Neil Critchley said:
“Stuart’s reputation and vast experiences within the game command respect. The knowledge that he has gained from an extensive playing, managerial and coaching career will be invaluable to me, the players and the staff.
“Stuart has shown a desire to come and join us here at Blackpool and after speaking to him, it was clear that he has lost none of his passion and enthusiasm for football. He will complement our excellent, existing staff and I’m delighted that he is joining us before we start our journey back in the Championship in a few weeks’ time.”
Stuart McCall added:
“To be joining Blackpool is special. My sister was born in Blackpool and my dad played with the likes of Stanley Matthews and Stan Mortensen. He always told some good stories about his time there.
“I’m really excited for the challenge and to become part of the team. The Club and in particular the coaching staff did an outstanding job last season - I obviously know Steve Banks well – and I now want to come in and be a key part of the group as well. I’m here to support Neil in the best way I can.”
RELATED NEWS
fm_2021_07_22_08_21_15_6767_images.jpg

22ND JUL
NEWSStuart McCall Joins Blackpool's Coaching Staff
Read More
fm_2021_07_21_04_30_32_88830_images.jpg

21ST JUL
NEWSYates: I’ve Loved Every Minute So Far
Read More
fm_2021_07_21_09_57_01_38730_images.png

21ST JUL
NEWSBurnley And Middlesbrough Tickets On Sale