Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 23 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Cardiff City summer signing Ryan Wintle has joined Blackpool on a season-long loan.

The Bluebirds signed the central midfielder on a free transfer this summer, but with Joe Ralls, Marlon Pack, Will Vaulks and Leandro Bacuna in front of him, it looked unlikely he would get much game time.

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of midfielder Ryan Wintle on loan from Cardiff City.

The 24-year-old joins the Seasiders for the rest of the 2021/22 campaign, having featured three times for the Bluebirds this season.

Wintle spent the previous six years with Crewe Alexandra, where he made 186 appearances, achieved a promotion and won the club’s Player and Players’ Player of the Year awards in the 2019/20 season.

On the move, Ryan Wintle said:

“I heard of the interest a couple of days ago and I can’t wait to get going. I know how the gaffer likes to play and I think that suits me down to the ground.

“I came here two weeks ago with Cardiff and the fans were magnificent. I can’t wait to play in front of them.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Ryan is an all-action midfielder with a range of passing and the capability to score a few goals as well. He was a stand-out performer for many seasons at Crewe and will be a good fit with the way he plays.

“I obviously know people who have worked with him, and he has the right character and personality to come here and perform in the Championship.

“I’m delighted that he’s decided to join us and look forward to working with him here at Blackpool.”

Baadiff suggesting they have a recall option in January:

City boss Mick McCarthy discussed the loan in his post match press conference on Saturday, saying: "It was a difficult one. I brought him with a view for this season but certainly now next season. Marlon and Rallsy have been great, Vaulksy played all but two or three games last year and we've also got the emergence of Sam Bowen.

"Ryan needs to be playing. He's not yet played in the Championship. So it's a good opportunity for him, with a recall in January, to get some experience with Blackpool."

We'd like to wish Ryan all the very best while away from CCS.

Blackpool head coach aims to beat the clock on deadline day
Neil Critchley is preparing for a late night on Tuesday as Blackpool bid to complete transfers ahead of the 11pm deadline.
By Andy Moore
Saturday, 28th August 2021, 8:00 am

The Seasiders boss has stated repeatedly that the club are looking to strengthen “in one or two areas”, and this week he added that the midfield could benefit from reinforcements following Grant Ward’s injury.

He has now hinted the quest to complete deals could keep the club busy until the last minute on August 31.

adchoice_border.svg

The head coach said: “We continue to look and we’re looking forward to a late evening on Tuesday, and hopefully by early morning Wednesday, we can be pleased the squad is shaping up nicely.”

QVNIMTIyMTcyMDUx.jpg
Neil Critchley used Elliot Embleton as an example of a player who unexpectedly becomes available

Read More
Blackpool boss has no qualms about entering the Lions' Den at Millwall

Critchley says the approach of the deadline can be a time to close in on long-time targets and others who suddenly enter the frame.
He explained: “We have to find players we think are going to be at least equal to, if not better than, those we have and that can be difficult.
“You identify your targets all season and hopefully one or two of them might be available.

“You always get some surprises, so it’s good to have a lot of contacts and to know players.
“That can help because, if a player suddenly becomes available, you need to know. The signing of Elliot Embleton in the last window was an example of that.
“One club signing a player can mean someone else becomes surplus to requirements at that club and becomes available. It can be a crazy time.”
The coming days could see player movement in the opposite direction too.

Critchley added: “Possibly one or two will go out on loan. If you bring in new players, then inevitably some will fall down the pecking order.

“If that does happen, then players want to play and we want them to play, so it could be that a couple in the current squad do move.”

Some guy called Luballa, Howe, Keogh (please), Antwi and other kids. Perhaps Larry can organise a big transfer for one of our strikers without a squad number

Met two Pool lads based in West London on the train after the match. They read the forums and were surprised at how well Keogh played considering the dog's abuse he receives on the forum. I had to agree he did okay yesterday.

Met two Pool lads based in West London on the train after the match. They read the forums and were surprised at how well Keogh played considering the dog's abuse he receives on the forum. I had to agree he did okay yesterday.
I think it will depend on the type of forwards big not so mobile he should do ok - but not against real pace which other teams will exploit

Sorry he looks off the pace to me and doesn't read the game well either
He would never be my first choice and I would never have thought he would be playing but we lack experience at CB at the level we are playing at IMO spud , ice and casey all don't have that experience and Husband is a full back

Spud looks ok to me. Been by far our best defender, also the only player over 5' 4". Think the Viking is a quick learner could be ok.

The Luballa you speak of is surely as mythical as a unicorn. He exists only in our imagination but I am loathe to speculate on his whereabouts or his physical or mental state. The club would surely have released more information if it was appropriate?

Chelsea talent Dujon Sterling is poised to complete a loan move to Championship club Blackpool, according to football.london.

The 21-year-old is looking to build his first team experience over the season and Chelsea have settled on a move to send him to the north west.

Sterling is set to sign a new contract with Chelsea, running for two years and including an option for a further year, before moving.

Blackpool_Neil_Critchley_620_pa.jpg

He will link up with Neil Critchley’s Blackpool and experience regular game time in the second tier.

Chelsea talent Dujon Sterling is poised to complete a loan move to Championship club Blackpool, according to football.london.

The 21-year-old is looking to build his first team experience over the season and Chelsea have settled on a move to send him to the north west.

Sterling is set to sign a new contract with Chelsea, running for two years and including an option for a further year, before moving.

Blackpool_Neil_Critchley_620_pa.jpg

He will link up with Neil Critchley’s Blackpool and experience regular game time in the second tier.
He's a right back

Championship club Blackpool are reportedly set to sign Chelsea player Dujon Sterling on loan before the transfer window shuts.

According to Football London, the 21-year-old has agreed a new deal to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge. It is understood that the youngster will pen a fresh two-year deal that includes the option of an extra year.

However, the report explains that he’ll now leave the Blues on loan to play regular first-team football in the second tier.

Football London’s report explains that the defender has impressed Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel and his staff during pre-season, but he’ll now head to Blackpool on a season-long loan.

Sterling, who’s a huge talent to come from the Chelsea academy, has played two senior games for the club during his career.

Some of his senior development has been away from West London, though, with previous loans at Coventry City and Wigan Athletic.

The London-born defender will now hope to shine for a Blackpool side that are currently in the bottom three of the Championship.

(Photo by Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC via Getty Images)Blackpool loan looks crucial for Dujon Sterling

If Sterling’s loan deal is finalised, it’s a vital 2021/22 season for him.

He’s a versatile defender that can play as a centre-back or wing-back in a back-three, but judging by Blackpool’s system perhaps he’ll operate as a right-back in a four-man defence.

The speedster has all the traits of modern day full-back and you should look at the calibre of right-backs to come out of Cobham in recent years. Reece James, Tariq Lamptey and Tino Livramento all fall into that category.

Tuchel liking Sterling is a massive confidence boost for him, so he now needs to go impress in the Championship if he’s going to propel himself into the first team at the Bridge