Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

MK Dons want to sign Tennai Watson following his departure from Reading, as per a report by the MK Citizen.
MK Dons boss Russell Martin is keen on securing a deal for the right-back after his trial.

Watson, who is 24-years-old, was released by Reading at the end of last season and is currently a free agent.
Blackpool, Lincoln City and Salford City are all said to be interested, as claimed by Football League World.

Read: Lincoln City to sign MK Dons-linked man
However, MK Dons have had him on trial over recent times and want to land him in preparation for the new season.
Watson only played twice last term for the Royals so will be after more game time in the next campaign.
He rose up through the youth ranks of the Berkshire outfit and made a total of nine first-team appearances for their first-team before leaving when his contract expired last month.

1197645994-scaled.jpg

Someone just messaged me saying rumour of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain on a season long loan....... now that would be a "wow" signing.

Nixon reporting that us and Sunderland have both bid for Gabriel, and are not too far from the asking price.

Seems the biggest stumbling block is that Forest want a replacement RB in first.

5 minute warning on the twitter account, with a picture of what looks like Gabriel? Full sleeve flower tattoo on left arm?

New signing Tyreece John-Jules has explained how pleased he is to be at Bloomfield Road and to be playing in the Sky Bet Championship this coming season.
The 20-year-old joined the Club on a season-long-loan deal from Arsenal on Thursday, and after enjoying successful loan spells with Lincoln and Doncaster Rovers in League One over the past couple of seasons, the 20-year-old is looking forward to testing himself at the next level.
"I'm delighted to be here and can't wait to get started," he said.
"It was a no-brainer for me to come here. I've enjoyed a good few loan spells in League One, but I now want to challenge myself even further, and there's no better place to do that than at Blackpool.
"After speaking to the gaffer, I felt very comfortable and felt like it was the right place for me. As a young player, you want to know the Head Coach believes in you and wants you to be a part of the team, and he certainly did that."
As well as speaking to Neil Critchley before joining the Seasiders, John-Jules admitted he also discussed the move with former Pool man Daniel Ballard and current left-back Reece James.
"I know Daniel well through the Arsenal Academy. I spoke to him before the move here and he had nothing but positive things to say about the place.
"I also spoke to Reece James, who I was with at Doncaster last year, and he said what a great group it is here, so they both made it an even easier decision to come here,
"I'm really looking forward to the season, and can't wait to get started."Screenshot_20210729-190729_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
Blackpool, Millwall and Hull City are interested in Marvin Johnson after his departure from Middlesbrough.
A report from Yorkshire Live suggests the Championship trio are battling with Sheffield Wednesday to land the winger this summer.
Johnson, who is 30-years-old, is a player who the Owls want to sign as they prepare for their upcoming League One campaign.
However, they may have to see off second tier competition to lure him to Hillsborough.

Weighing up options
Johnson is a free agent after being released by Middlesbrough at the end of the past campaign and will be weighing up his options in this transfer window.
1273521485-1.jpg

He has spent the past four years on the books at the Riverside Stadium and made 106 appearances in all competitions during his time there, chipping in with six goals.

The experienced wide man also spent time away on loan at Sheffield United and helped the Blades gain promotion to the Premier League.
Read: Millwall-linked striker could leave Championship side on one condition
Risen up from the lower leagues
Johnson started his career with spells in non-league at Solihull Moors and Kidderminster Harriers before moving to Scotland in 2015 to join Motherwell.
He spent three years in the Scottish Premiership at Fir Park before he was snapped up by Oxford United.
Johnson was impressive during his time at the Kassam Stadium and scored six goals in 55 games for the U’s to earn a move to Middlesbrough in 2017.