Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 198 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

He needs to stay here for a couple of seasons and establish himself as a first team player. If he leaves too soon he’ll just end up playing for the under 23s and then getting loaned out to someone in our league anyway. As good as he has looked he isn’t ready to play in the premier league yet. Plus from our point of view if he has a decent season with us and scores a few goals his value will skyrocket. We need to avoid selling on the cheap as he could be worth millions in a few years. I wonder what our current valuation would be?
Couple of jars down scotty road and a season ticket at Anfield should do it - for the same reasons he won't be going to Everton ?

Geldhartd signed a contract in the summer if someone wants him they will have to pay for him. If one of the big boys comes in with a massive bid for potential then fair play good luck to him.

But we heard these type of rumours about a year ago before he signed a deal so I think if they were that keen why not pick him up for a tribunal fee rather than wait until he's under contract when the deal will be harder to do and more expensive?

Geldhartd signed a contract in the summer if someone wants him they will have to pay for him. If one of the big boys comes in with a massive bid for potential then fair play good luck to him.

But we heard these type of rumours about a year ago before he signed a deal so I think if they were that keen why not pick him up for a tribunal fee rather than wait until he's under contract when the deal will be harder to do and more expensive?
Because Gelhardt and his family obviously wanted to stay and sign a new contract after being offered the chance of being a permanent first team squad member with the promise of first team football which Paul Cook has since delivered on. Rather than fanny about in a Premier League youth team for the next five years with a shitty season long loan thrown in for good measure.

He has less than two years left on his deal. That’s nowhere near long enough for my liking. Come January he’ll have 18 months left and clubs will start lowballing, knowing that they have us by the bollocks. Get it extended by another two years right now!

Because Gelhardt and his family obviously wanted to stay and sign a new contract after being offered the chance of being a permanent first team squad member with the promise of first team football which Paul Cook has since delivered on. Rather than fanny about in a Premier League youth team.

He has less than two years left on his deal. That’s nowhere near long enough for my liking. Come January he’ll have 18 months left and clubs will start lowballing, knowing that they have us by the bollocks. Get it extended by another two years right now!

By that logic wouldn't Geldhartd still reject a move if it came in Jan if he wanted to avoid going to a youth team as that would still be the situation for him?

The big clubs would've had us more by the bollox and Geldhartd could've picked his club and likely got a massive signing bonus if the previous rumours were true. Young Geldhartd won't have made any money from the game yet and as hopeful as he will be that he can have a great career there are so many young hot prospects who end up not able to deliver - so if he was offered life changing money and a chance to sign for one of the world's biggest clubs im not sure many in his position would pass on the chance as it may never come round again. So I am sceptical if the previous rumours were true.

By that logic wouldn't Geldhartd still reject a move if it came in Jan if he wanted to avoid going to a youth team as that would still be the situation for him?

The big clubs would've had us more by the bollox and Geldhartd could've picked his club and likely got a massive signing bonus if the previous rumours were true. Young Geldhartd won't have made any money from the game yet and as hopeful as he will be that he can have a great career there are so many young hot prospects who end up not able to deliver - so if he was offered life changing money and a chance to sign for one of the world's biggest clubs im not sure many in his position would pass on the chance as it may never come round again. So I am sceptical if the previous rumours were true.
The first young lad who fits the IEC stated business model - develop young players, intro them to first team football, sell them for big bucks - looks like they are walking the walk to me