Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 30 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Just one thing worries after we sold Woodyard to Posh Danny said he would use the cash to sign a striker now appears he's only after strikers on frees. Is the cash being used for signing on fees instead of buying a player?
Must be a big relocation fee involved if we sign Hopper??who lives at burton waters!

We spent 10 minutes in the car park at Accrington talking to Scott Wharton's dad. Nice guy who said Scott had loved his time at Lincoln. However he did say quite clearly that our only chance of getting him next season was if we were promoted, as after 2 successful loan spells in League 2, he, his agent and Blackburn all wanted him playing in League 1 next season.

Pity..... as would loved to have had him back for a full season..... very good player.

Cods must be offering massive wage packet and free fish for life.
Surely he has more ambition than Grimsby:shake:

Got to be a token gesture from Grimsby, surely. Logic would suggest they have little or no chance of getting him there.

Got to be a token gesture from Grimsby, surely. Logic would suggest they have little or no chance of getting him there.
Not sure. He appears to have had a twitter spat with Notts fans over the last 24hr over the size of his contract offer so money is clearly a motivating factor.

I would be neutral initially over this signing on the basis of not knowing whether would be getting an immobile crock after his last contract or a more rounded finished article of the earlier classy model we had on loan all those years ago. Naturally I would give the lad every chance to settle in before passing judgement.

I would be neutral initially over this signing on the basis of not knowing whether would be getting an immobile crock after his last contract or a more rounded finished article of the earlier classy model we had on loan all those years ago. Naturally I would give the lad every chance to settle in before passing judgement.

Obviously we will have an idea if he isn't likely to play a reasonable amount of games or not. If it's going to be a wasted wage, then DC wont offer it!

If he does sign I'm thinking we will be continuing with the 4-3-3. Toffolo and Eardley to get forward at every opportunity to provide the balanced width we have been missing; Bossie to anchor, O'Connor to play make, Freck to make his third man runs (Pett to come in for Freck/O'Connor as required) with Andrade, Green and Harry A or new striker? up top. If we do I really hope Green stays down the middle unless any new striker is more proven fox in the box than channel runner.

Unlike previous seasons, I'm quite happy to pick up players who have niggles or are on their way back from a serious one, if they're of the required standard.

Adam Marriott came to us in 2016/17 having hardly played due to injuries and he was fit pretty much all season bar a freak elbow injury in a behind closed doors friendly.

Last season we signed Neal Eardley having done both of his knees (two ACL's?) in two years and had hardly played in 3 years, yet got 50 odd games out of him last season.

O'Connor leaving Notts probably balances out Dennis/Hemmings a bit, so it'll work for them, too.

They apparently offered him a 40% pay-cut.

Unlike previous seasons, I'm quite happy to pick up players who have niggles or are on their way back from a serious one, if they're of the required standard.

Adam Marriott came to us in 2016/17 having hardly played due to injuries and he was fit pretty much all season bar a freak elbow injury in a behind closed doors friendly.

Last season we signed Neal Eardley having done both of his knees (two ACL's?) in two years and had hardly played in 3 years, yet got 50 odd games out of him last season.

O'Connor leaving Notts probably balances out Dennis/Hemmings a bit, so it'll work for them, too.

They apparently offered him a 40% pay-cut.

Followed up by an improved 25% cut.

Hope he comes here, I don't think he will be too much of a gamble. If it pays off and we get more games out of him than others with the rehabilitation and careful looking after we seem very good at, we could have one of the better CM in this division.

Interesting on his twitter account which is private, it says at the top Belfast/Lincoln the first one obviously where he was born, the second where he lives or is going to live ?

I'm 90% sure I was next to Fraser Franks in a queue in the A46 up to Pennels roundabout this afternoon. Driving a black audi.