Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 28 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

After the biting incident and the resulting ban I was 50/50 then.
I think I would have done because any deal would have had to be completed before the biting. (Had Posh signed him by then?)
Now, I wouldn’t touch him without a lot of behaviour rules written into the contract. Even then i’m not certain, as on another thread i’d rather take a calculated punt on a younger non league striker.

Rumour on the fishy forum today Whitehouse is set to sign for them!
Surely not?

Would people have taken Miller last summer?

Honestly if he'd signed 12 months ago after his preceding season at Dover we would have been chuffed. I know he has a reputation then as a bit of a loan wolf but it wasn't as tarnished as it is now.

Rumour on the fishy forum today Whitehouse is set to sign for them!
Surely not?

Both they and Mansfield were hovering around him according to reports last week. This may be a question of game time for Whitehouse as there wouldn't be any other reason to go to Cleethorpes

Both they and Mansfield were hovering around him according to reports last week. This may be a question of game time for Whitehouse as there wouldn't be any other reason to go to Cleethorpes
Always had the impression he wants to play and nagged DC to play at the end of the season a bit (a great thing in a player these days).
Would love him stay but fair play if he goes, at least it’s for the right reasons.

Whitehouse is an excellent squad player and will do a cracking job as a sub particularly in away games when we have something to hold onto; IMO not a starter though as we need somebody with both energy and technique in there. Hope he stays but can understand the lure of first team football.

Where is the evidence for that, though? He has had two good seasons in his career, one in the Conference North (two levels below where we are, and three below where we want to be in a year's time), and that one season at Dover (one and two levels below respectively). Miller has scored 2 goals in 30 Football League games, which is far from being a 30-goal a year man. We saw last season how much of a step-up League Two is from the National League, and some players are just not up to it. The evidence suggests Miller is one of those.
This.

Would people have taken Miller last summer?

Probably, yes, but things have moved on.
a) We now know more about what is required for League Two
b) We now know more about Miller as a person
c) We now know more about Miller as a player - as nlondonimp says, he has already done the audition at Mansfield, and it did not go well.

On that basis, I think we should move on too.

(I am usually wrong about these things, though...)

Probably, yes, but things have moved on.
a) We now know more about what is required for League Two
b) We now know more about Miller as a person
c) We now know more about Miller as a player - as nlondonimp says, he has already done the audition at Mansfield, and it did not go well.

On that basis, I think we should move on too.

(I am usually wrong about these things, though...)

I agree, if we're going to take a punt on someone let's take a punt on someone who is young with the potential to develop not a punt on someone's behavioural or disciplinary issues.

I agree, if we're going to take a punt on someone let's take a punt on someone who is young with the potential to develop not a punt on someone's behavioural or disciplinary issues.
there are 19/20/21 year olds previously mentioned that have already done well in L2 last year.

bonne is only 22 and presumably still getting more knowledgeable.
cowley has been back for a player a few times... margetts, raggett, ginnelly, anderson, knott.

on that note, wharton would make an excellent piece of the jigsaw next to, or behind toffolo.

I'd snap your hands off at Wharton, but I think we have absolutely zero chance of getting him.

Personally I thought he was a much better player than Raggett. In a team that play fluid football he will be a star.

Also Wharton is under contract at Blackburn and highly thought of isn't he? Maybe a teeny chance of a loan again but unlikely IMO.

O'Connor has probably been done for months.
As for Wharton, I hear we were quoted 750k to sign him.

So I think he may be a little out of our reach, A loan and I would fancy us for the title with a few decent offensive players.