Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 100 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

If he is only required for a short sell, this would also allay the fears that some folk have over the liklihood of signing two outfield loanees...

7-day suggested either Vickers isn't as bad as first feared or they're waiting on scan results and DC seemed to confirm last night it's the latter.

Loan window closes next week - Thursday or Friday?

DC said, prior to Vickers' injury that he'd have liked a left sided wide player and a CM so I can see one coming in but I think Vickers' injury will stop a second one.

Preference for DC is probably the former rather than the latter.

Sounds like Slocombe is here until January on loan to become permanent if Bristol's manager is to be believed.
Still need a couple options as cover IMHO.

You don’t want to upset the balance but you also want to make sure everyone is fresh therefore if we can reduce the load on the wingers it does make sense.

Under Schofield our biggest regret is when we didn’t strengthen in the January, hopefully if we are in a similar position that 1/2 incoming with experience and quality could tilt the swing.

All of his previous work is down the left, mainly right foot cutting in, but well capable of putting a cross in with his left too. Quite similar in that respect to how Andrade is currently playing.

I see the loan window ends on friday at 5pm . After beating Blackburn tonight do we expect DC to be active in the loan market again taking the squad to 22/23 ? Or has the budget been spent already ? Any loans out?

I see the loan window ends on friday at 5pm . After beating Blackburn tonight do we expect DC to be active in the loan market again taking the squad to 22/23 ? Or has the budget been spent already ? Any loans out?
Danny Rowe maybe. He came on in the League Cup for Ipswich in the 78th minute, but hasn't featured in the squad in 3 games since. They are out of the League Cup as well. Bottom of the championship, could be he will get a chance, but seems he's over his injury.

getting an extra man in might be tipped by tonight's result. if we win, more money in the budget. and also one more midweek game to fit in. we may also see how good the cover is tonight, and if we really do have 20 players all of the same level. interesting times.

Dig deep Clive and co!
Seriously adding Gordon covers a few areas of concern but one more player and a left footer too will help again in giving more cover to our smallish squad.
Talking of the amount of loans we have I notice none of them started on Saturday.