Summer transfer rumours thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer transfer rumours thread

I wondered why Bony wasn’t training with the Swans -

He was invited to work with the Exiles after an intervention by Welshman Ryland Morgans (former fitness coach at Swansea, Liverpool, Crystal Palace and Cardiff), who is an assistant for Ivory Coast.

'He asked how I was feeling after coming back from the African Cup,' added Bony, a £28m Manchester City signing in 2014.

'He asked me if I was training with Swansea. I said no, I asked them but the boss there said it was not the appropriate time for that for different reasons. I respect his decision.

'I continued to follow my programme. We were speaking and Ryland told me I can go to Newport - he knows the manager.

'I said why not - let me go there. It's one hour from Swansea so I started training with them.'

It’s got to be mentioned. McBurnie, James, Ayew, all scored in the Premier League today. James and Ayew in the same match, Man U v Palace, and McBurnie came on as sub and scored for Sheff Utd v Brendan Rogers’ Leicester.
Come on boys, let’s get back up there!

Bundesliga clubs Werder Bremen and Schalke 04, Serie A clubs Sampdoria and Lazio, are all showing interest in Andre Ayew.
However, none of them are prepared to pay his £80K a week wages and want Swansea to pay some of it,
In other words they want us to pay for him to play for another club.
I think we would be better off keeping him if that’s the case, and see where we are in January.
Swans fans have taken to Ayew again on his return and he has responded with goals and assists. With only five days of the European transfer window left, we won’t have long to find out if he goes or not.

Courtney Baker-Richardson has returned to Swansea after signing on loan for the season at Accrington Stanley and starting three games.

Manager John Coleman said:
“He has a tear in his groin/quad so he has returned to Swansea for treatment.
He will be out for a couple of weeks and it is a huge blow to lose him.
He was just beginning to find his feet in the team and get used to the way we were playing. It can’t be helped, he got injured trying to score a goal for us and these things happen.
I have one or two irons in the fire before the window closes. I will maybe make one more loan signing."

Sounds like the manager has written him off already if he’s looking for a replacement player.

League 1 Sunderland are interested in Declan John having failed in their bid for Kilmarnock left back Greg Taylor.
The bid of 750k was turned down as Kilmarnock value him at £3million.

Our goalkeeper, 20 year old Steven Benda, has gone to League 2 Swindon on loan for the rest of the season.
Benda is as good as Nordfelt already in my opinion. He has only just signed a new 3 year contract in June, so the club must rate him.
Will Erwin Mulder have to get game time with the U23’s to keep match fit as third choice.

Last edited: