Summer transfer rumours thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer transfer rumours thread

So, at the time of writing, Oli McBurnie is on the brink of leaving for Sheff Utd, for a fee reported to be up to £20m with add-ons.
Once again the heart is being ripped out of the team with only a few days before the season starts, and it’s a repeat disaster of the Siggy-Llorente departures.
Optimism was high that we could do something this season after an impressive pre-season culminated in the 2-1 win over top Italian side Atalanta, who beat Norwich last night 1-4.
You can’t take 22 goals and your two best players out of the team and expect to be successful, and what sort of message does this send to the coach, the players, the fans, and any prospective new players.

I despair. Bid accepted, goodbye Oli then.
What did we expect from these owners anyway, they are desperate to claw their money back with profit before running away.
There goes all our high expectations for the season. No intentions of going for promotion. Three days to go and they’ve done it again, and sold our best players. Impossible to replace 22 goals a season with free transfers..
Chairman Birch is just a puppet front man for the hedge funders and has no say in their ongoing quest to sell anything of value before running away.
We await with bated breath for the cheap inferior replacements to appear.

We’ve agreed a fee, reported to be 500k, for 24 year old Swedish winger Kris Peterson from Dutch Eredivisie club Heracles. He scored 12 goals from 34 matches for them last season.

We’ve agreed a fee, reported to be 500k, for 24 year old Swedish winger Kris Peterson from Dutch Eredivisie club Heracles. He scored 12 goals from 34 matches for them last season.

Looks a good signing that to be fair. Another expected. McBurnie was happy here by all accounts

Freddie Woodman on working with Martyn Margetson again:

“I have been in the England set-up since I was 15 and I had the chance to do some work with the gaffer and Martyn towards the end of that,” he said.

“So I have worked with both of them, I know how they work and I cannot wait to get down to work with them again.

“I had a lot of other offers to consider given I did have a year left on my contract at Newcastle, and I had some big decisions to make.

“But from the moment I spoke to Martyn, and knowing the club Swansea is, this was the place I wanted to come to.

“I had a game with Newcastle the other night and I was sitting there just hoping and praying that it would get done, and I’m delighted it is.

“You only have to look at the work Martyn has done on the international stage to know how good a goalkeeping coach he is.

“You look at the way he has helped Jordan Pickford, who has been fantastic for Everton and England. I am really looking forward to working with him.”

Swans looking at 24 year old Forest striker Jason Cummings who is up for grabs after failing to make his mark there. Has been on loan at Rangers (2 goals), Peterborough, and Luton (1 goal). Bought by Forest from Hibs (55 goals) two years ago but only played 14 games (1 goal) for Forest.

Last edited:
New Swansea City signing Aldo Kalulu has revealed how an unlikely January outing to the Madejski Stadium and the advice of a former Swans striker convinced him to make the move to SA1.

The 23-year-old has joined the Swans on a season-long loan from Basel, and is expected to train with his new team-mates for the first time on Tuesday.

The pacy forward came through the ranks at Lyon, and played Champions League football for the Ligue 1 club.

He had spells on loan at Rennes and Sochaux, before making the move to Switzerland with Basel last summer.

Kalulu had a number of options available to him but his recollections of watching the Swans beat his friend Yakou Meite and Reading 4-1 back in January – plus words of advice from ex-Lyon colleague Bafetimbi Gomis – ensured there was only one place he was going to end up.

“I am excited to get started. I had already seen some of Swansea’s games from last season as I have a friend who plays in the Championship with Reading (Meite),” he said.

“I went to Reading and saw him play against Swansea, so I really liked the idea and the style of the team and this was why I chose the club.
I also spoke a little bit with my friend Bafetimbi Gomis, who played for Swansea.
I knew him when we were at Lyon and he told me a lot of good things about Swansea.”

Kalulu is renowned for his speed and has the versatility to play in both wide and central areas.

He insists he will be happy to play wherever he fits into head coach Steve Cooper’s plans after being impressed by his discussions with the new Swans boss.

“I had very positive discussions - he has a very good idea and philosophy of the game.
I like it, it is a modern way of playing football. It is a little different from British football and this is why I came here.
I will let people make up their own minds about me as a player but I am fast, I like to dribble and I want to score goals and make assists.
I can play anywhere the coach wants me to. I can play as a number nine or as a winger. My best position is behind the striker but I can play anywhere I am needed.”

Kalulu played alongside the likes of Alexandre Lacazette, Nabil Fekir and Samuel Umtiti during his time at Lyon, while he was in the same France Under-18 squad as Kingsley Coman, Lucas Hernandez and Moussa Dembele.

Lacazette has enjoyed considerable success since joining Arsenal in 2017, and he was a team-mate who Kalulu looked up to and learned from during his formative years with Lyon.

“They were also young players, but they were already very good,” he added.

“I had the chance to train and learn from them, especially with Lacazette in front of goal.
He gave me some good advice and it’s good to take that in.
He has been successful in football in this country, I hope I can do the same.”

Bournemouth’s highly thought of striker, 21 year old, 6’3” Sam Surridge on loan is one of the latest names being mentioned. He was on loan at League 2 Oldham last season and scored 8 goals in 15 games before returning to Bournemouth and playing twice for them in the second half of the season. The season before he was on loan at Yeovil where he scored 8 goals from 41 games.

We’ve also been linked with other young strikers on loan, Burnley’s Nakhi Wells and Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah

Sam Surridge, and another one signs on loan:

Sam%20Surridge%2016x9.jpg

Sam Surridge is determined to make his mark at Swansea City and get himself amongst the goals for his new club.

The 21-year-old has joined Steve Cooper’s side on a season-long loan from Bournemouth, becoming the Swans’ sixth summer signing in the process.

Surridge has two Premier League appearances to his name, having featured for the Cherries against Arsenal and Crystal Palace last term.

That came on the back of an impressive loan spell with Oldham, where his 12 goals in 20 appearances saw him recalled to his parent club.

And Surridge wants to carry that sort of form into the Championship and make a big impact at the Liberty.

“I want to play regular football and score goals, that is what I have come here to do,” he said.

“It will help me and it will help Swansea and if I am scoring goals everyone will be happy.

“I’ve been on a few loan spells now and I think it is the best thing for me at the moment, to try and carry the momentum on from what was a big year for me. I want to carry it on.

“So, this is a massive season for me and that’s why I wanted to come here and show what I can do.

“I want to test and prove myself because I will need to do that if I want to be a Premier League player and I want to do my best for Swansea.

“It’s great to have the move done. You look at the facilities and it’s a lovely training ground, it’s of a Premier League quality and it’s great to know you are going to be working in these sorts of surroundings.

“I cannot wait to get straight into it, to start training and hopefully be in a position to make my debut against Derby at the weekend.”

Surridge featured regularly for Bournemouth during pre-season - scoring in a win over Brentford - and has regularly trained alongside proven Premier League marksmen in Callum Wilson, Josh King and former Cherries striker Jermain Defoe.

And, while keen to plot out his own path, he acknowledges the positive impact their know-how and advice has had on his own development.

“It was a great experience to train with them every day. You are trying to push them as someone young coming through, but you also pick up little things from them,” he said.

“They are all good lads, they are always there to help and give advice. I get on well with all of them and when you are watching them on a weekend you always learn something.”

And Surridge also revealed how playing alongside a couple of Swans Academy graduates at Yeovil had influenced the decision to turn down other offers and come to South Wales.

“I spoke to Keston Davies, I am good mates with him, I lived with him at Yeovil and I’ll probably try and catch up with him in the next week or so,” added Surridge.

“He and Dan (Alfei) are good lads and they only had good things to say about the club whenever I spoke to them about it.”

Goodbye Jefferson Montero. He’s gone to Pep Clotet’s Birmingham on a last minute season long loan. He’s in the last year of his contract with us so won’t be seen again. A big plus as it’s another high earner off the books. How can Birmingham afford him though, unless we’re subsidising his wages.
Also another last minute transfer deadline day move out was striker Courtney Baker-Richardson on a season long loan to League 1 Accrington Stanley.

Glad to see Montero go and his wages off the bill. Baker Richardson needed a loan as he was never going to get a game here, just wish someone would take Ayew.

Swansea City winger Joel Asoro has joined Dutch top-flight club Groningen on a season-long loan, subject to international clearance. The Sweden Under-21 international links up with the Eredivisie side, who finished eighth last season.The 20-year-old made the move to the Swans from Sunderland last summer on a four-year deal, and went on to make 17 first-team appearances during the 2018-19 campaign.
He scored his first goal in Swansea colours in the pre-season win at Bristol Rovers. He joins Jefferson Montero (Birmingham City), Gregor Zabret (Oldham Athletic), Courtney Baker-Richardson (Accrington Stanley) and Joe Lewis (Torquay United) in heading out on loan. Everyone at the club would like to wish Joel all the best during his loan spell.

https://www.elgoldigital.com/borja-...a-del-betis-para-golear-en-el-rayo-vallecano/

Translation:
Wednesday 14 August 2019
Borja Bastón receives extra help from Betis to score in Rayo Vallecano

Borja Bastón is the great dream of Rayo Vallecano to reinforce his attack.
Rayo Vallecano is watching his rivals reinforce themselves with top-level players with the goal of fighting for promotion this season. Meanwhile the Madrid team has managed to maintain the base of the staff of the past course, however from the club they are aware that it takes a blow of effect in the market for the fans to be excited.

In this scenario, a name that has come to light and that has been negotiating for days is Borja Bastón, who after his transfer to Deportivo Alavés has returned to Swansea City. The player does not want to continue in the Welsh team and seeks a return to Spain, but without First offers the Rayo Vallecano option has remained the most desirable of all.

Borja Bastón Rayo
In any case, the Vallecas team will seek an assignment, never a transfer. Of course, to be able to undertake the operation the club knows that it will have to give way to one of its most important players. You have to make a box to face the high salary of Borja Bastón, which is going to be the great bet of the Ray in search of promotion.

This is where Betis comes on the scene, and the sale with the Rayo account before the market closes is that of Álex Moreno. The whole Verdiblanco has accelerated in recent days the negotiations for the left-handed side and it is normal for the operation to close soon in a figure close to eight million euros.
——————————————

So, trying to decipher that, if as expected Alex Moreno is sold to Real Betis for 8 million euros then Rayo Vallecano will then have the funds to move for Borja Baston on loan.

La Liga transfer deadline
The window will officially open on July 1 and close at 11.59 p.m. CET on Monday, Sept. 2. Clubs can still sign free agents after this date and sell or loan players to leagues where the transfer market is still open.
The winter window runs from Jan. 2 to 31.