Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
All the rumours of players who we have never heard of linked with us:

First one of the Summer - Scott Fraser.

Burton Albion have reportedly entered the battle for Dundee United midfielder Scott Fraser.
The Daily Express reports that the Brewers have joined Blackpool in the fight to sign up the Scottish midfielder, who has hit four goals in the Scottish Championship for the Tangerines this season and can play across the midfield.

The Dundee-born 23-year-old progressed through the youth ranks at Tannadice before breaking into the first team three seasons ago.

He spent the 2014-15 season on loan at Airdrieonians in the Scottish League One hitting five league goals in 28 games.

Attachments

• SF.jpg
    SF.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm not even going to waste the energy thinking about next season till the Oystons leave the building.

Mind you, If Owen did lose/ has lost his marbles and threw all his dosh at BFC.:rofl:

Last edited:
Wigan and Blackburn are keen on out-of-contract Blackpool players Kelvin Mellor and Clark Robertson, Sky Sports News understands.
The newly-promoted Sky Bet Championship clubs have both names on their list of transfer targets as they look to build squads capable of staying up in the second tier next season.
Bolton are also understood to be monitoring developments while Blackpool attempt to tie the players down to new deals, but both are keen to test themselves in the Championship.

Spearing the latest in no rush to re-sign

Out-of-contract Blackpool midfielder Jay Spearing says he is in no rush to decide on his future.
The 29-year-old, who signed a short-term deal until the end of the season back in October, has told The Gazette he is “keeping his options open”. But the former Liverpool man hasn’t ruled out extending his stay at Bloomfield Road, despite appearing to say his goodbyes at the end of Pool’s last game of the season at Rotherham United.
Spearing says that if he does stay with the Seasiders, the club’s manager Gary Bowyer will be a major factor in him re-signing.
But the midfielder is in no rush to come to a decision as his time is currently being taken up working for his UEFA B coaching licence at Burnley’s Gawthorpe training ground. Spearing, who also gets married this summer, said: “For the next two weeks I’m just concentrating on getting this B licence out of the way and getting stuck into my coaching really. “Then I shall be having a bit of a break with the family before I get married, so at the minute it’s a case of seeing what comes. “My agent will be doing his work and will be speaking to clubs. We are obviously speaking to Blackpool as well. “We’re going to keep our options open. We don’t want a similar situation to last year (when he was left without a club following his release by Bolton Wanderers).

“I’ve spoken to the gaffer at length. We spoke before the season too. He’s a major factor in what happens. He’s a major factor in the decision. “We will speak again I’m sure within the next week or two, after this course, and we will go from there. “He knows I’m on the course. He wished me good luck, and told me to enjoy it and learn as much as I can. “He told me to give him a bell once it’s all done, so I’ll hopefully speak to him again and we can see what is best for both of us.”
Having severed his links with Bolton after weeks of talks, the midfielder went on to enjoy a fine season with the Seasiders and added: “Last summer was an experience I wasn’t really used to but I came to Blackpool and ended up having a good, solid season. “I knew Gary and a few of the lads already, so it made it worthwhile. “I ended up forgetting about everything that went on and just concentrated on my football. “Now I’m looking forward to having a little break, even though I’ve been getting stuck into some coaching work.”

Kelvin Mellor and Clark Robertson, who are also out of contract at Pool, are interesting promoted Wigan according to Sky Sports. Robertson told The Gazette he is holding talks with Blackpool and other clubs.

100% agree Seb.
Mellor is versatile, I was suprised that Turton did as well as he did but Mellor proved that he can cut it in midfield.
Robertson cost us more goals than he scored that said he formed a good relationship with Tilt and that will be our loss regarding him.
Tilt leaves him standing though.

Bolstering Walsall’s attacking line is one of the biggest tasks Keates faces this summer.
Rumours had surfaced he was interested in signing Blackpool striker Scott Quigley, who Keates snapped up on loan while in charge of Wrexham.
But the Saddlers chief said the 25-year-old won’t be joining Walsall this summer, with the forward still contracted to Blackpool for another year. “Quiggs (Quigley) is someone I took on loan at Wrexham,” the boss continued.

“He has got a year left at Blackpool, he was not a Wrexham player, he was only a loan.
“He came in and got eight in 17 over the course of his loan period.
“But it was a case of him coming to Wrexham to prove to people at Blackpool he could do it at a better standard than he had with TNS.
“That is no disrespect to the Welsh Premier League.

“When he won all his trophies and was scoring all his goals, he was doing it with the only full-time team in the division.
“There are one or two others who have gone full-time now.
“He has gone up to Blackpool and only played a bit part.
“But he is not somebody who will be coming to this football club.”

Anthony Grant latest to be linked

Blackpool are one of a number of clubs interested in Peterborough United midfielder Anthony Grant. That's according to Peterborough's director of football Barry Fry, who revealed the central midfielder has been given permission to speak to a club without a fee yet being agreed. The 31-year-old, who would command a fee, is described as a "combative" midfielder Shrewsbury Town, Portsmouth and Lincoln City are also said to be in for the 31-year-old. Grant, a midfielder who likes to break up play, made 48 appearances for Peterborough last season - two of which came against Blackpool. The London-born man has also played for Southend United, Stevenage, Crewe Alexandra and Port Vale. He joined Peterborough in January 2017 for an undisclosed six-figure fee. Elsewhere, the Seasiders are expected to wrap up the season-long loan signing of Rangers striker Joe Dodoo today. Dodoo has two seasons left on his Ibrox contract but Rangers are looking to offload players to fund new boss Steven Gerrard’s spending plans. The 22-year-old will become Blackpool's third signing of the summer, following the earlier captures of Michael Nottingham and Harry Pritchard - both from non-league.

Our priorities are getting a couple of those out of contract to re-sign and also a decent keeper. I would love Lumley to come back

Blackpool have snapped up attacking midfielder John O'Sullivan on a free transfer.
The 24-year-old, a free agent after being released by League Two side Carlisle United, has penned an initial one-year deal with an option for a further year. He moves to Bloomfield Road after 18 months with Carlisle, where he made a total of 42 appearances. Last season he made just 23 appearances after picking up an injury in pre-season, which kept him out of action until November. A former Republic of Ireland under-21 international, O’Sullivan started his career at Blackburn Rovers and also had two fruitful loan spells with Accrington Stanley. His switch to Blackpool sees him link up again with manager Gary Bowyer and assistant Terry McPhillips, whom he worked under at academy and first-team level at Ewood Park. Bowyer said: “John is a player we know very well and I’m really pleased to bring him to the club. "We know the qualities he possesses and what he’s capable of producing, and he arrives here with a point to prove.” O’Sullivan added: “I came here last week and met Gary and Terry and had a good chat with them about where I want to be and should be. "It was an easy decision for me to come and play for them. I’ve worked with them in the past - they’ve known me since I was 15 – and they know my strengths and my weaknesses. I can’t wait to get going.” The signing means Blackpool now have 16 players on their books for next season. That will soon become 17 as the Seasiders are still expected to finalise the season-long loan signing of Rangers striker Joe Dodoo. Final paperwork is being exchanged with the Ibrox club and the deal is expected to be a formality.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...-snap-up-free-agent-john-o-sullivan-1-9204150

Been advised he is on next to fuck all. Apparently a decent player when fit. Only 24 and GB knows him very well. Worth a punt.

Given the squad turnovers we have every year, we probably underestimate the "culture" guys in the squad who know Bowyer and will buy into whatever he does.

If we get anything out of him on the pitch, then i'm considering it a bonus!