Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Blackpool are targeting a move for ex-Hamilton Academical midfielder Ali Crawford according to reports north of the border. The Seasiders are rumoured to be among the frontrunners for the free agent, who left Hamilton last month when his contract came to an end. Motherwell, Hibernian and Dundee are also thought to be keen on the 26-year-old but Crawford has expressed a desire to move to a club in England. Speaking to Scottish newspaper The Herald, he said: “I’m not any further forward with what is happening next season, I’m just weighing up my options just now. “It’s been quite slow at the start of this transfer window, so I just need to sit tight and be brave and wait for the right opportunity. “I’d really like to go down south and that would be my first choice, but I need to keep my options open. “Motherwell have spoken to my agent I believe, but I don’t think anything further has come from it, but I would consider what they had to say. “I’ve got to keep my options open at this point, so I’ll wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks and take it from there.” Crawford suffered with injury last season but scored three goals in 19 appearances in all competitions. He came through the ranks at Hamilton and firmly established himself as one of the club’s senior players, making more than 260 senior appearances. He is not the only Scottish player Blackpool are monitoring, with former Dundee United man Scott Fraser also in their sights as previously reported by The Gazette. The 23-year-old, who is also a midfielder, is wanted by Hearts, Peterborough United and Burton Albion.

We seem to be stacking the midfield. Will any of these be as good as the dreadlock lad we released? Suggests we expect Spearing to leave.

Another summer window of discontent me thinks---so when will the trialists start to show up. :clown:

Newport County have signed striker Jamille Matt on a two-year deal.
The 28-year-old has been released by Blackpool after spending last season on loan at Grimsby Town, scoring four goals in 37 appearances.
Matt will officially join the Exiles on 1 July, subject to international clearance.
"Newport County have always been a team that stood out to me and it was great to know they were interested in me," Matt said.
"The manager [Mike Flynn] made it clear how much he wanted me at the club and that's always a nice feeling.
"Having played against County a number of times, it's always stood out as the type of club I'd like to play at."

Blackpool have been linked with yet another midfielder - this time Manchester United youngster Matty Willock.
The Daily Mail has reported the Seasiders are looking at taking the 21-year-old on a season-long loan. Willock spent six months on loan with Scottish side St Johnstone last season and is once again expected to be loaned out for the upcoming season. He has previously spent time on loan at Dutch sides FC Utrecht and Jong FC Utrecht. It has been suggested an agreement could be found in time for the start of pre-season. Bowyer, speaking to The Gazette, said Willock is on a "long list" of potential targets and doesn't anticipate making an immediate move. Described as a tricky midfielder, Willock is one of three footballing brothers who all came through the academy at Arsenal. The youngest, Joe, remains at Arsenal while Chris joined Benfica last year. Willock is eligible to represent England or Montserrat at international level, although it is understood England would be his preference. The Seasiders have already strengthened their midfield options with the signings of John O’Sullivan, Jordan Thompson and Chris Taylor. They were also linked with a move for free agent Ali Crawford, although it is understood this won’t be happening. Elsewhere, former Blackpool striker Jamille Matt signed a two-year contract with Newport County yesterday. Matt, who was released by Blackpool at the end of last season, scored four goals in 37 appearances during his time at Bloomfield Road.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...ster-united-youngster-matty-willock-1-9215741

Bury boss Ryan Lowe has continued his recruitment for the 2018/19 campaign with the addition of Will Aimson to the squad after he signed a two-year contract.
The 24-year-old began his career at Eastleigh but was snapped up by then-Premier League side Hull City.
After loan spells at Tamworth and Tranmere Rovers, he signed permanently for Blackpool mid-way through the 2015/16 season and went on to make 16 appearances that season.
He appeared 31 times in Blackpool’s promotion-winning season in 2016/17, as the club gained promotion to League One via the play-offs.
Overall, Will has made 74 career appearances in all competitions, including 22 for the Seasiders last season, as they finished 12th in League One.
Lowe is very happy with his new acquisition, saying: “I’m thrilled to have signed Will Aimson! He’s a good player at a good age. He’s got leadership credentials, and he’s come from a league above having helped Blackpool gain promotion from the division we’re in. From his point of view, he didn’t play enough games last season. The minute I spoke to Will, he wanted to come and play for this football club, to come and play for us. He had other offers but such was his desire to play for us he chose to hold out, and I’m glad he’s chosen us.
Myself and Lee have done quite a bit of work on it, and we’ve had good feedback about him. We know all about him, we’ve watched him and monitored him, and I’m looking forward to working with him. He’s going to be an exciting product for us!”
Sporting Director Lee Dykes feels the club are getting Will at the right time in his career: “I’m delighted to welcome Will to the club and to get the deal over the line. He is a player we are taking in at a very good age having just turned 24 and a player who has had recent success gaining promotion out of League Two.”
Will also told us: “I’m delighted to get it done and excited to get going. I already know a couple of the boys, so I’m looking forward to seeing them and to getting going!”

Talk of Longstaff going to pompey. Disappointed if he does go to another club at this level.

Former Blackpool man Sean Longstaff looks set to complete a loan move to League One rivals Portsmouth, despite reports he would be making the step up to the Championship.

The 20-year-old Newcastle United player is said to be wanted by a number of Championship clubs this summer and has held talks with newly-promoted Rotherham United.

But the Newcastle Chronicle has reported a late move from Portsmouth, who are among the promotion favourites for the new season, has convinced the midfielder to make the move to the south coast.

That's despite previous reports that Newcastle were keen to loan Longstaff to a club in the Championship to continue his development.

Longstaff enjoyed a fine campaign for Blackpool last season, scoring nine goals in 45 appearances.

Bowyer has previously gone on record with his desire to bring Longstaff back to the club next season, along with Birmingham City man Viv Solomon-Otabor.

Tilt a wanted man:

Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt appears to be a wanted man this summer with the 26-year-old attracting the interest of QPR, Reading and Ipswich Town at the moment – according to HITC.

All three teams will be looking to have an improved campaign on last season after not having the years they would have wanted.

Reading fought relegation just about successfully, QPR endured an inconsistent year and Mick McCarthy’s battle with some fans blighted the Tractor Boys’ campaign.

With three managers aiming to make a mark this window, though, they should all be looking to be active and it appears Tilt is a man the trio want.

According to the report, though, it’s Ipswich in the lead with them making a bid and it now remains to be seen if the Royals or the R’s look to take them on and try and bring him in.

The Verdict

Tilt is a good solid defender that can get on the ball and carry it across the pitch which in the modern game is a much-needed quality.

It looks as though the Tractor Boys are in the lead for him at the moment, though, and time will only tell who else will make an offer.

Just weeks after he was linked with Sunderland, Blackpool's Clark Robertsonis close to joining Rotherham United, according to Sky Sports (liveblog entry 14:05).
The Sunderland Echo claimed the new Mackems manager, Jack Ross, was weighing up a move for the centre-back, having also wanted him at previous club St Mirren.
Championship sides Wigan Athletic, Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers were also credited with interest in Robertson, although it is Rotherham who appear to have secured his signature.
It remains to be seen whether Robertson, whose Blackpool contract expires at the end of this month, was formally approached by any of those clubs, or Sunderland.

Talk of Longstaff going to pompey. Disappointed if he does go to another club at this level.

Former Blackpool man Sean Longstaff looks set to complete a loan move to League One rivals Portsmouth, despite reports he would be making the step up to the Championship.

The 20-year-old Newcastle United player is said to be wanted by a number of Championship clubs this summer and has held talks with newly-promoted Rotherham United.

But the Newcastle Chronicle has reported a late move from Portsmouth, who are among the promotion favourites for the new season, has convinced the midfielder to make the move to the south coast.

That's despite previous reports that Newcastle were keen to loan Longstaff to a club in the Championship to continue his development.

Longstaff enjoyed a fine campaign for Blackpool last season, scoring nine goals in 45 appearances.

Bowyer has previously gone on record with his desire to bring Longstaff back to the club next season, along with Birmingham City man Viv Solomon-Otabor.
good report in Portsmouth news about him going there.MichaelP

Tilt rumours not going away.
Ipshit linked again

Town are again reported to have made an offer for Blackpool central defender Curtis Tilt.

The Blues were previously said to have made a bid for the 26-year-old a fortnight ago and now Sky Sports are reporting what’s presumably a renewed approach.
At the time of the first link, Town were said to be hoping to steal a march on a number of other clubs also keen on Tilt, including Reading, QPR and Portsmouth.
Walsall-born Tilt played in non-league for Halesowen Town, Hednesford Town, AFC Telford Town, Wrexham and Forest Green Rovers (loan) before joining the Tangerines last summer. He made 45 starts for the League One side in 2017/18, scoring once.
Another senior centre-half is very much on Paul Hurst’s summer wish-list with Adam Webster having departed for Bristol City and Tilt would appear to be very much the favourite to replace the former Pompey man in the Blues' backline.

and we sign another CH talking about playing regularly
Said the exact same thing yesterday. You don't get 2 young CBs in on loan if you don't intend to play them both regularly.

If Tilt goes i'll be disappointed, but not suprised - he's better than this level.

that's right IM and hopefully we will be looking at new owners and a new future. Just go OO just fuck off and go

For which you won't get either happening with Oyston still around; no investment, no fans...