Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

We have cleverly hedged our bets on Hardie....if he comes good in a spectacular way he is still our player....of the strikers we have I suspect Nuttall will be the one to most outperform expectations....he is a great physical specimen and I think we have a coach who will get the best out of him.

Abel has said above that Plymouth have an option to buy, so perhaps it is them hedging their bets?

Last edited:
We will invoke years option just like Rovverham did for Yates.
Wonder if we have a recall claause

I agree Bear re: Nuttall.
Pees me off gearing fans jeering him, cheering when he is subbed etc.
Pool fans did same to Potts that first season.
He's a young lad making a huge jump. Again looks a confidence player. Can see his oerformances / goals coming in runs during a season as his form goes up / down.
Right coaching and he could be a right beast in this div.

Questions been answered.

There's no recall clause and they couldn't meet our asking price for a permanent deal.

Lowe also confirmed Hardie will not be able to play for Plymouth when they take on Blackpool in League One next season.

“I asked them about that because I thought we might have got away with that, but Ben Mansford is a clever guy,” Lowe laughed.
“Even if it wasn’t in the deal, from my point of view and my respect for Blackpool, I wouldn’t play him.
“I would have a handshake that I wouldn’t play him against Blackpool because it wouldn’t be fair.”
He added: “I spoke to Neil Critchley throughout the summer, and I spoke to Ben Mansford. The two of them are good guys.

Hardie doesn’t want to play for us and we’ll have to take the hit you win some you lose some

Exeter City are leading the chase for free agent defender Jake Caprice, with Blackpool, Plymouth Argyle and Crewe Alexandra all interested.
Defender Jake Caprice is currently a free agent, after his deal with Tranmere Rovers came to an end. The full-back has been offered a new contract with the club but he is free to look elsewhere now that he is not contracted to the Prenton Park outfit.

00:19
01:00

00:01

1201525083-1.jpg
Lewis Storey/Getty Images Sport
Now, it has been claimed that League Two side Exeter City are leading the chase for Caprice. The 27-year-old is not without other interest, however. TEAMtalk claims that Blackpool, Plymouth Argyle and Crewe Alexandra are all also interest in signing Caprice in a bargain deal.

Ex-Wigan Athletic and Stoke City man snapped up by Peterborough United
Former Crystal Palace youngster Caprice is vastly experienced, having played most of his football in the lower levels of the Football League and in the National League over the course of his career. He spent time with Blackpool as a youngster, enjoying stints on loan with Dagenham and Redbridge, St Mirren and Tamworth.
After leaving Blackpool in 2015, Caprice went on to play for Lincoln City, Woking and Leyton Orient, then signing for Tranmere Rovers in 2018. With Rovers, Caprice laid on nine assists in 81 appearances, featuring heavily under Micky Mellon in the last two years.

Wellens thinks Swindon are 'very, very close' on Grant and will know for sure by middle of next week.