Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Too tired from all the driving to post last night. A few thoughts from yesterday:
1. Well organised yesterday, which,apart from a couple of minor glitches, went very well. Well done to the club for organising things. They do need to re-number the back of the seats and the row markings, as most of these are missing, making it more of a problem to find a new seat. I think they would have no problem in dealing with 2000 fans but may need more stewards at 4000 to control the flow of fans to and from the stands. Unfortunately, with lockdown restrictions likely to be tightened I can see any other crowd matches being put back.
2. Good overall performance yesterday and we deserved to win. We started slowly, when Swindon were the better side in terms of passing and control and could easily have been one up. Our back four still looks very flat at times and could have been exploited by a better attacking side.
3. No bad performers in the side but there were standout performances from Robson, Ward, Yates, Anderson, Mitchell and of course CJ. Whilst you can't really fault a player who has scored 2 goals the reality is that we would have scored more if he had sometimes passed the ball, particularly to Yates. That will be even more important when the oppostion try to crowd him out with 2 or 3 defenders on him.
4. I thought Madine looked sharp and had a very good touch when he came on. He should have been used more by NC in our earlier matches as well. Personally, I would like to see how he and Yates perform together, in the same way Yates paired up with Doyle last season.
5. To a large extent football is about confidence and developing a winning mentality. Let's hope we build on yesterday with some good results in the forthcoming matches. We have a very decent side. 2 or 3 quality additions could make it a very good side

Last edited:
As for potential outgoings, the Seasiders will still be keen to get out-of-favour midfielder Jamie Devitt off their books before the window closes.
The 30-year-old, who has yet to make a competitive appearance for the club, has been told he has no future at the club having not been handed a squad number.

Critchley, meanwhile, has hinted that Devitt isn’t the only player that should be on the lookout for a new club in the coming weeks.
He said: “A number of players have gone out since pre-season started and when you take into account those out-of-contract players that left the club at the end of last season, there’s obviously been a big turnaround in numbers.
“There’s maybe one or two more players that are in the same situation if they want regular football, which might be something that can’t be guaranteed here this season.
“Those players know who they are.”

As for potential outgoings, the Seasiders will still be keen to get out-of-favour midfielder Jamie Devitt off their books before the window closes.
The 30-year-old, who has yet to make a competitive appearance for the club, has been told he has no future at the club having not been handed a squad number.

Critchley, meanwhile, has hinted that Devitt isn’t the only player that should be on the lookout for a new club in the coming weeks.
He said: “A number of players have gone out since pre-season started and when you take into account those out-of-contract players that left the club at the end of last season, there’s obviously been a big turnaround in numbers.
“There’s maybe one or two more players that are in the same situation if they want regular football, which might be something that can’t be guaranteed here this season.
“Those players know who they are.”
Thorniley

I don't rate the Sherrif in any position to be honest. He isn't comfortable enough on the ball for this system too
I always think there is a red mist that could see Husband react.
Still think we need a centre half. Ok left sided ones are in shortage but many right fitters have played there successfully

Think Nottingham has looked very comfortable on the ball since NC has come in? In fact I'm sure he was in the team of the week after Plymouth and completed the most passes out of any defender in the division.

I'm sure I have seen him being robbed on the ball and some pretty average distribution. Doesn't inspire me but hoping he gets better