Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Blackpool have agreed a deal to sign former Sunderland midfielder Ethan Robson, Football Insider understands.
The 23-year-old left the Stadium of Light last month upon the expiration of his contract in the north east, and is now a free

A Blackpool source has told Football Insider that the player is poised to link up with the Tangerines in the coming days, with a move on the brink of completion.
Ethan-Robson.jpg

Robson has agreed personal terms with the Seasiders, and his medical is being completed ahead of a free transfer.
Blackpool started the transfer window at an impressive pace, bringing in Keshi Anderson, Marvin Ekpiteta, CJ Hamilton, Oliver Sarkic and Jerry Yates in the first 24 days of the market being open.

Blackpool have agreed a deal to sign former Sunderland midfielder Ethan Robson, Football Insider understands.
The 23-year-old left the Stadium of Light last month upon the expiration of his contract in the north east, and is now a free

A Blackpool source has told Football Insider that the player is poised to link up with the Tangerines in the coming days, with a move on the brink of completion.
Ethan-Robson.jpg

Robson has agreed personal terms with the Seasiders, and his medical is being completed ahead of a free transfer.
Blackpool started the transfer window at an impressive pace, bringing in Keshi Anderson, Marvin Ekpiteta, CJ Hamilton, Oliver Sarkic and Jerry Yates in the first 24 days of the market being open.
This is happening. But the reports that he turned Portsmouth down are untrue.

Blackpool Bring In Robson

Large

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Ethan Robson on a two-year-deal, with the Club holding an option for a further year.
The 23-year-old signs for the Club from Sunderland, having joined the Black Cats as a rising academy star in 2004.
Since then, the midfielder has progressed well and enjoyed successful loan spells at Dundee FC and Grimsby Town, as well as making a handful of first-team appearances in the Championship for his parent Club.

A midfielder with a keen eye for goal, Robson becomes Neil Critchley’s sixth signing of the summer as the Club continues to press ahead with their plans for the 20/21 season.
On signing for Blackpool, Robson said:
“I’m delighted to be joining Blackpool Football Club and I can’t wait to get started.
“It wasn’t an easy decision to leave Sunderland, which is where I’ve grown up and developed over the years. But, after speaking to Neil Critchley and hearing what he had to say about the team and where he wants to take it, I felt it was a journey I wanted to be a part of.
“Blackpool is on the up, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the future brings here.”
Neil Critchley said:
“I’m excited to welcome Ethan to Blackpool, and I am really looking forward to working with him.
“He’s a highly rated, athletic midfielder who I have been aware of for a number of years and watched him develop at Sunderland.
“I believe he will be a valuable asset to the team, and he fits the profile well of the type of player we want to bring to the Club.

Blackpool Football Club can confirm Nathan Delfouneso has left the Club and signed for League Two side Bolton Wanderers.

The 29-year-old has spent the best part of eight years at Bloomfield Road spanning across four separate spells stretching back to 2012, when he initially signed on loan under then manager Ian Holloway.

The forward returned for a further loan spell the following year, followed by a short term permanent move in 2014, before returning for a fourth time back in January 2017.

Overall, Delfouneso has gone on to make a total of 240 appearances in tangerine, scoring 39 goals in the process.

Chief Executive Ben Mansford said:

“Nathan’s service to Blackpool Football Club over the years has been fantastic, and he has played a big part in the Club’s recent history. Nathan has been a pleasure to have around the Club during his time in tangerine.

“His work both on and off the field has always been appreciated, particularly with our Community Trust where Nathan has always shown his support for all of their initiatives.

“We thank him for all of his efforts at the Club, and along with everyone connected to the Club, wish Nathan the very best for the future.”

I have a lot of time for any players who gave 100 percent in tangerine during a somewhat difficult but mixed era. Good luck to them both.

I wonder if Feeney will be the next to leave?

Last edited:
Interesting that Osayi-Samuels move to Club Brugge hasn't gone through yet, lots of rumours of Palace/Burnley and even Leicester being interested. Bit of income through that would be nice.

Gnanduillet being linked with Boro as well.