Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Simon Grayson hints some Blackpool summer signings may make early exits
image.jpg

Simon Grayson hopes to strengthen his squad further by the September 2 deadline

Simon Grayson has suggested one or two of his Blackpool players who haven’t featured yet this season may face the exit door.

Callum Guy, Rowan Roache and Yusifu Ceesay have not featured in the squad for any of the opening three games either.

However, Grayson says players are unlikely to depart until Blackpool have completed their own transfer business.

The Pool boss said: “I’ll be very surprised come the end of the window if we haven’t brought any new players in and one or two haven’t gone out. We’re working constantly and very hard to try to improve the squad.
“One or two that have not figured too much might need to get some game time elsewhere, whether that’s on loan or on permanent deals – we’ll have to wait and see.
“But we’ll certainly be looking to strengthen the squad. It’s about finding the balance but we have tried to organise behind-closed-doors games to get time for those lads who haven’t played.
“But it might be a better option for them to go and get first-team football somewhere else.

“But we will carry on working on a daily basis to see where we go with the ins and outs.”
With the league just two games old, Grayson admits he’s still assessing his squad, with the transfer window open until September 2.
He added: “When I look at the strength in depth, do I think we’ve got enough? Probably not.
“We’re still looking to see which of those players who haven’t figured so far will play a role in the long term.

“If they don’t look like they are going to figure, it might be their opportunity to leave.

“But we’re concentrating more on the incomings until the later stages of the window.”
One player already linked with a move away is Devitt, who arrived on a free transfer only two months ago.
Steven Pressley, manager of Devitt’s former club Carlisle United, has been quoted as saying he was aware of Devitt being offered to clubs, though he appeared to rule out a return to Brunton Park.
Grayson remained tight-lipped on the speculation, suggesting Devitt may be in the squad to face Oxford United at Bloomfield Road tomorrow.

He added: “I’m not going to name anyone I’m potentially thinking of loaning out, but it might even be a case of players coming to me.
“They might say they’re frustrated with the situation but we’ll address all those things as we go.
“Jamie was involved in the squad on Tuesday night in a sub role and he could be involved again at the weekend, along with one or two others.”

When we signed these players before a new owner it didn't feel right. I still think there's more in the McP story than he didn't want to be a manager
I'm surprised that Guy may be linked with a move away I think he's got potential

Black Cat mate (Sexy you met him last season) just contacted me saying they are supposed to be signing Olli Turton tomorrow. I said if that's the case we must be making room for someone better - can't see anything in that rumour myself

I would be surprised if we let Turton go.
He covers R FB and midfield too.
Nottingham is a million miles from Turtons quality and I'm not convinced Rocky is the man to replace him at RB.

Sunderland board:

Just received a message from my source about a new transfer happening:

OLIVER TURTON - BLACKPOOL - £470k

Same source that got the Dobson transfer correct weeks before it happened, and called the Willis transfer.

He will be arriving for a medical tomorrow, with personal terms already being agreed (3 year contract).

According to The Sun journalist Alan Nixon, League Two side Bradford City are “very keen” to sign midfielder Jamie Devitt – who only completed a move to League One outfit Blackpool earlier this summer.

Former Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips completed a deal to sign midfielder Jamie Devitt from Carlisle United on a free transfer earlier this summer. However, he could be set to leave the club before the end of the transfer window with him seemingly not being in the plans of new boss Simon Grayson.
https://the72.co.uk/142763/charlton...nything-back-on-fate-of-tomer-hemed-transfer/
Devitt is yet to feature in any of Blackpool’s games this season and speculation has been sparked claiming that he could make a surprise move away from the club just a matter of months after making the move to Bloomfield Road. Journalist Alan Nixon revealed Bradford City are among those keen to strike a deal for Devitt but are not alone in their pursuit.

Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald has dismissed speculation linking the Black Cats with a move for Blackpool defender Ollie Turton.
Rumours were swirling around social media all weekend that Turton was about to sign at the Stadium of Light for a fee of £500,000, but when asked directly by a fan on Twitter to comment, Donald’s reply quashed any links with the player.

According to The Sun journalist Alan Nixon, League Two side Bradford City are “very keen” to sign midfielder Jamie Devitt – who only completed a move to League One outfit Blackpool earlier this summer.

Former Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips completed a deal to sign midfielder Jamie Devitt from Carlisle United on a free transfer earlier this summer. However, he could be set to leave the club before the end of the transfer window with him seemingly not being in the plans of new boss Simon Grayson.
https://the72.co.uk/142763/charlton...nything-back-on-fate-of-tomer-hemed-transfer/
Devitt is yet to feature in any of Blackpool’s games this season and speculation has been sparked claiming that he could make a surprise move away from the club just a matter of months after making the move to Bloomfield Road. Journalist Alan Nixon revealed Bradford City are among those keen to strike a deal for Devitt but are not alone in their pursuit.
Terry has recommended him to GB. Devitt lives in Manchester so keen for a club that is commutable. He hasn't impressed in training at all.

Today's GGGgeeerrrrzzzeeeettte:

No Blackpool players leave until signings are complete vows Simon Grayson as Jamie Devitt is linked with move
image.jpg

Simon Grayson refused to be drawn on speculation linking Jamie Devitt with a move away from Blackpool.

The midfielder, who only arrived at Bloomfield Road this summer, has been linked with a host of clubs, including Bradford City, Plymouth Argyle and Swindon Town.

Those rumours only intensified when the 29-year-old was left out of Blackpool’s squad for Tuesday’s 2-2 draw at Gillingham, despite travelling down to Kent with the team.

Devitt, who was brought to the club from Carlisle United by former boss Terry McPhillips, has yet to make an appearance for the Seasiders.

When asked by The Gazette if fans should read anything into Devitt’s absence from the squad at Priestfield Stadium, Grayson said: “We’ve got Jay Spearing back, which is a massive bonus for us.
“I thought when he picked up the injury last Tuesday he was going to be out for a few weeks, but he recovered really well and it was quite an easy decision to bring him back in.
“I knew we needed a bit of height and substance on the bench because of how Gillingham play, so it’s no slight on Jamie. It’s just horses for courses at times.”
When asked to comment on the speculation linking Devitt with a move away, Grayson added: “I think we’ve had enquiries for a few of our players but no players will be going out unless I’ve brought some in.

“We have a few lads who are still out injured although James Husband comes back from suspension at the weekend.
“Matty Virtue and Joe Nuttall are making good progress but we don’t want to leave ourselves short.
“At the same time, if we’re going to bring anyone in they’ve got to be better than the ones we are replacing or letting out.
“Plenty of phone calls are going off between myself, Simon (Sadler, owner) and the people connected with the club but we’ve still got 10 days or so, so we will see how it goes.”

Devitt watched from the stands on Tuesday as the Seasiders were made to work hard for a point that saw them return to the top of League One.

While Grayson’s men have lost their 100 per cent winning record, they will have been relieved to come away from the Kent with their unbeaten record intact.
It means Blackpool have opened their league account with three wins and a draw, and Grayson added: “I certainly would have taken that had I been offered it at the start of the season.
“But I have high standards of the players to make sure we keep improving game by game.
“It’s where you are at the end of the season that matters, that’s the important thing, but we’ve given ourselves a platform to build on.

“The momentum and optimism from the summer has carried forward but we have a tough game at Rochdale on Saturday.
“We will get back, get prepared and hopefully we can get another good result.”

Last edited:
I think its quite clear once we add a few more that Devitt, Toillitt, Yussuf & Ceesay for starters will be all be moved on, either loans or permanent.

Very quiet on the incoming front though isn't it?

Callum Guy being back and fully fit is a like a new signing.

Progress is still being made with Blackpool's contract talks with defender Curtis Tilt but manager Simon Grayson has labelled the situation as "the longest-running saga"

At the end of July, Grayson revealed that only a few "finer details" needed to be resolved before Tilt put pen to paper on a fresh deal.

But, almost a month on, the player and club are still to come to an agreement.

Hello, this is the first of your 5 free articles for this week

The 27-year-old, who was the subject of interest from Ipswich Town this time last year, has since been linked with Portsmouth and Rotherham United this time around.

But Grayson remains confident of keeping Tilt, even if the situation is taking longer than he would have hoped.

“Things are moving on, things are progressing, but it’s been the longest-running saga in the world," Grayson said.

“Hopefully we have some positive news soon. Will we or will we not? I don’t know.

“There’s no issues as far as I’m aware, it’s just things that happen in players’ contracts.

“A player wants this, the club wants that, and somewhere down the line you find a compromise.”

Earlier in the summer Rotherham boss Paul Warne admitted defeat in his bid to sign Tilt, revealing he’s now looking at other targets.

It’s understood the Millers came close to signing the centre-back earlier in the window only for the Seasiders to renege on the deal.

Armand Gnanduillet has scored three of Blackpool's nine league goals
Simon Grayson on his Blackpool side boasting joint-highest...
The South Yorkshire side were expected to come back with an improved offer for Tilt, having recently sold defender Semi Ajayi to West Bromwich Albion for a fee believed to be £1.5m.

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson happy to settle for a point at Gillingham
Brave and gutsy Blackpool survive another breathless affair - Matt Scrafton's verdict on Gillingham draw
'Plan extra time for journeys': Blackpool road is shut after sewer collapses
These are the latest cases and convictions from Blackpool Magistrates' Court - Wednesday, August 21, 2019
10 best swimming aids for babies, toddlers and young children under £25
Promoted by ibuys

Derby County’s 21-year-old defender Calum Macdonald is closing in on a move away from Pride Park, with League One side Blackpool keen to strike a deal.

While Championship clubs are no longer able to sign players, they are allowed to move on players. With the window for League One and League Two clubs still open, transfer business has still been rife, and Derby County’s summer dealings look set to continue.
Young defender Calum Macdonald is said to closing in on a move away from the club, with Simon Grayson keen to take him to Blackpool. The Tangerines have been busy over the course of the summer transfer window and it has paid off, judging by their impressive start to the new season.
Macdonald, 21, is yet to make his senior debut for Derby County and could be making a move away this summer. He has been named on the bench a total of 10 times across all competitions but his only experience of senior football came on loan with Barrow in the 2017/18 National League campaign. He played in 21 games across all competitions, scoring one goal along the way.
The vast majority of Macdonald’s game times has come with Derby County’s Under-23s side. He has played 57 times for the Under-23s, scoring three goals and providing four assists in the process.
Now, with Blackpool keen to strike a deal, it awaits to be seen if Derby sanction a move for Macdonald before the end of the transfer window on September 2nd.

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson has remained tight-lipped over speculation claiming that the Tangerines are closing in on a deal to sign Derby County’s 2i1-year-old defender Calum Macdonald.

It was reported earlier this week by the Derby Telegraph that Derby County defender Calum Macdonald was attracting the attention of League One side Blackpool, who were hoping to press on with a deal before the transfer window closes in just over a week.
Now, the Blackpool Gazette has said that the club are hoping to finalize a deal in the coming days, with Macdonald down the pecking order at Pride Park. However, manager Simon Grayson has remained tight-lipped over links with the 21-year-old but admitted that he has taken a look at Macdonald.
“He’s a player I’m aware of and have looked at.
“You know me, I don’t comment on too many things, but I’m still looking to bring good players to the football club. If that one happens, then it will be done because he’s a good footballer.”

Macdonald, 21, is yet to make his senior debut for Derby County and could be making a move away this summer. He has been named on the bench a total of 10 times across all competitions but his only experience of senior football came on loan with Barrow in the 2017/18 National League campaign. He played in 21 games across all competitions, scoring one goal along the way.
The vast majority of Macdonald’s game times has come with Derby County’s Under-23s side. He has played 57 times for the Under-23s, scoring three goals and providing four assists in the process.

I've had a message to say we've made a move for Sam Baldock at Reading. Not sure on the details, but he's well down the pecking order there.

Good pedigree, and something a bit different to AG and Joe Nuttall.

Not sure where that leaves Mackie though...