Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

bfcpete

Vital Football Hero
Plymouth's Ryan Edwards. Blackpool are one of a number of clubs interested in the 6ft 5in centre back

Last edited:
Until the new owners are firmly in place then no new arrivals will happen. We're not allowed to buy in administration.

We ain't got no money though Ted!

No money to spend on transfers perhaps - I would still anticipate the wage budget (at least an indicative one) has been set, and thus a few freebie arrivals ahead of any sale going through.

Some of the wages for people we must be letting go should have freed up sizeable space even if the budget stayed the same.

Plymouth's Ryan Evans. Blackpool are one of a number of clubs interested in the 6ft 5in centre back
Think you must mean Ryan Edwards. It's a no from me: he's very slow and we need more pace in the side.

Has beaten off cancer whilst at Plymouth.

Terrific to be honest Whitey. My energy has returned with a rush and am firing on all cylinders. Am three stone lighter than before Christmas....could I write a best seller, The Cancer Diet? Apparently the body burns calories at an enormous rate when healing. Got a lovely leather punch for a quid in a pound shop and added 4 extra holes to my belt.

Terrific to be honest Whitey. My energy has returned with a rush and am firing on all cylinders. Am three stone lighter than before Christmas....could I write a best seller, The Cancer Diet? Apparently the body burns calories at an enormous rate when healing. Got a lovely leather punch for a quid in a pound shop and added 4 extra holes to my belt.
That is great news Teddy and just in time for what we all hope will be a new and fruitful era for our beloved football club. ???

Recently released Blackpool striker links up with Ian Evatt at Barrow
image.jpg

Scott Quigley has signed for National League side Barrow

Scott Quigley has linked up with former Blackpool favourite Ian Evatt at Barrow following his release from Bloomfield Road
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...y-best-is-yet-to-come-for-blackpool-1-9779528
The striker was recently released by Blackpool after failing to score a goal during his two years at the club.

The 26-year-old signed for the Seasiders during Gary Bowyer's tenure in August 2017, Pool paying Welsh side The New Saints an initial fee of £35,000.

Later that month he made his debut in the Checkatrade Trophy draw against Wigan Athletic, before going on to make a further 13 appearances for Pool that season.
In January he joined National League side Wrexham on loan, where he netted eight times in 17 games.
Quigley didn't see a minute of action for Blackpool this season, scoring just three goals in his loan spells at Port Vale and Halifax.
He's now signed a three-year deal with National League side Barrow, who are managed by former Seasider Ian Evatt.

All I'm reading about at the moment is; this clubs signed those players, that club signed that player etc etc. But, as usual, we're slow off the mark again....

Blackpool getting busy in the transfer market- Plymouth Argyle defender linked
Blackpool are closing in on a couple of signings to kick-start their summer recruitment drive.

The Tangerines finished 10th in League One in the past season and are hoping to build on that this summer.
One potential signing is defender Ryan Edwards from Plymouth Argyle. The 25-year-old is out-of-contract at Home Park and is set to leave them following their relegation to League Two.
Edwards, who is from Liverpool, has been offered a new deal by the Pilgrims but is wanted by Blackpool. He has played for the likes of Blackburn Rovers and Morecambe in the past.
McPhillips has said he is in the hunt for some acquisitions, as per a report by the Blackpool Gazette: “I’m meeting agents and players every day now, having conversations and spinning plates. Recruitment is key, it’s crucial for us.
We’ve got some spaces now and we’ve got a good base, a good foundation with the squad we’ve got. It’ll be nice to start signing one or two next week. These deals are never done until they’re done, but we’re certainly getting closer. There’s plenty of players out there, and the good ones are sought after. We’ve got a budget and we’ve got to stick to that. We’ll get the best players we can within that budget.”
He added that he is wanting a striker: “That was our problem, we didn’t score enough, certainly when we were on top in games”.