Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 106 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get the doom and gloom either. Garrick and Diamond on the wings would scare the hell out of our own full backs if they played them. I think we have assembled a very competitive squad - and yes we have a lot of key positions filled by loans - but we also have a few of our own players loaned out in order to develop too. We simply don't have the resources to perfectly back up every area, so some risks have to be taken. But I think we have enough forward talent to adapt if needed.

Last edited:
Is there a list of players who have had their contracts terminated such as Maguire? That could be a source of a free signing out of the window!

one persons junk is another’s treasure.

if they are in same position as Maguire (Not his off field activity) they would have had a pre season and played a few matches.

this seems a better pool of players then the out of contract lot!

Forward/attacking options always cost the biggest buck so it’s harder to have our own players in these positions. In an ideal world we would all love those positions to be filled by Lincoln grown/schooled ones and not loans, but it’s the nature of the beast and the world we live in. We cannot compete with the majority of clubs financially so have to be prudent with how we spend our cash.

I do think the signings of Garrick and Diamond will turn out to be very good bits of business for us. Keeping clear of injuries will be key to the likes of Hopper as I don’t think anyone else can play that role in the club so we would either have to change the system or formation.

I am sad to lose Scully but as mentioned it’s exactly the model the club are trying to produce. No-one likes losing our better players but by good scouting, getting them in cheaper and then selling them on for profit it’s got to be the way forward whether we like it or not.

I was just wondering, now the transfer window has closed, can we use this for other random stuff, like the business model of the club and memories of old & present players? Just thought it may keep the clicks up etc

I was just wondering, now the transfer window has closed, can we use this for other random stuff, like the business model of the club and memories of old & present players? Just thought it may keep the clicks up etc

No. Other threads can be started for those discussions, as they should be.

Is there a list of players who have had their contracts terminated such as Maguire? That could be a source of a free signing out of the window!

one persons junk is another’s treasure.

if they are in same position as Maguire (Not his off field activity) they would have had a pre season and played a few matches.

this seems a better pool of players then the out of contract lot!

Unless the junk is called Maguire, in which case, it remains junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.