Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 99 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

The Portsmouth equivalent to Mark at the Echo says he hasn’t heard anything on Eyoma to Pompey but also says he could be wrong.
I had a look on their forum about 5 and there is nothing on there ! Perhaps its either agent stirring it up or the so called "in the know brigade " doing likewise

If TJ is making his choice between Portsmouth and us, I do wonder if the two months he was left out of the side towards the end of last season in favour of Poole might make the difference.

He will want to play every week wherever he goes, and he might have doubts in his mind if he would be first choice here ahead of Poole, Montsma, Jackson, and Walsh.

If TJ is making his choice between Portsmouth and us, I do wonder if the two months he was left out of the side towards the end of last season in favour of Poole might make the difference.

He will want to play every week wherever he goes, and he might have doubts in his mind if he would be first choice here ahead of Poole, Montsma, Jackson, and Walsh.
..... I'd imagine part of him being left out was:
a) he was knackered and needed some rest - he had played quite a few games on the bounce
b) he was going back to Spurs at the end of the season and MAPP wanted Poole in particular plenty of game time ready for the next season and to get up to our way of playing and hit the new season ground running as it were.

Yep I imagine the 48 starts he made last season were not enough

Hahaha. He wasn’t left out for two months. He played three games in a month where the team played 9 games. During which time he wasn’t fully fit anyway…
https://www.transfermarkt.com/timot...ils/spieler/406559/wettbewerb/GB3/verein/1198

a) he was knackered and needed some rest - he had played quite a few games on the bounce
b) he was going back to Spurs at the end of the season and MAPP wanted Poole in particular plenty of game time ready for the next season and to get up to our way of playing and hit the new season ground running as it were.

given the start we’ve seen then.. let’s pay that man the going rate for a player who will cover his wages in a handsome fee a year or two down the line. If we do we could win this league !

I would go with (a). Have seen (b)mentioned a few times on here, but don’t remember Appleton ever actually saying anything along those lines.

Hahaha. He wasn’t left out for two months. He played three games in a month where the team played 9 games. During which time he wasn’t fully fit anyway…
https://www.transfermarkt.com/timot...ils/spieler/406559/wettbewerb/GB3/verein/1198

He played 3 games out of 13 from 14/2 to 13/4 (2 months) - and after that only got back in the side because of centre back injuries. It must have been clear to TJ after February that he was not first choice at RB and would only play CB if others were injured.

So no idea where the "hahaha" comes from.

He played 3 games out of 13 from 14/2 to 13/4 (2 months) - and after that only got back in the side because of centre back injuries. It must have been clear to TJ after February that he was not first choice at RB and would only play CB if others were injured.

So no idea where the "hahaha" comes from.
he started 3 games but he played in six of the 13 you mention. and as i previously said, he wasn't fully fit during this time - which was why he was rested for part of this time. later on, presumably he was chosen at centre back in front of poole, rather than being chosen at rb with poole at cb. as you say, the other cbs were injured so someone had to play cb. and he did an excellent job in both positions.

finally i think it is funny when people construct an argument when the details are right in front of them.

Some gaps in Barton's logic there...

He claims that if Hanlon is not 100% commited, he won't play for the team. Yet he also says that if the £150,000 isn't offered, he won't be allowed to leave. So what happens if the fee isn't offered but his commitment isn't 100% - will he stay and not be selected? Ever? Hope Hanlon's agent spots this...

Some gaps in Barton's logic there...

He claims that if Hanlon is not 100% commited, he won't play for the team. Yet he also says that if the £150,000 isn't offered, he won't be allowed to leave. So what happens if the fee isn't offered but his commitment isn't 100% - will he stay and not be selected? Ever? Hope Hanlon's agent spots this...
i also thought that it might be a bit optimistic to recoup all of the £150k. just because bristol paid that for him (ignoring the fact that the tribunal seems to have taken such a long time, they actually signed him as a league one player a year ago). doesn't necessarily mean he is worth that today (as a league two player)

TJ is a centre back who can also play right back. Are you really saying he would not get a start out ahead of the players you have listed!! comedy gold.

TJ is a centre back who can also play right back. Are you really saying he would not get a start out ahead of the players you have listed!! comedy gold.

no .. think it’s focussing on tj being left out in favour of an inferior player last season potentially putting him off signing a permanent deal.