Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 94 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Sure I heard Horton say on radio yesterday that we are looking at a winger released by a premier league side. About 2.10pm it was. Don’t know if anyone else heard as it wasn’t clear so could have been just me??

Sure I heard Horton say on radio yesterday that we are looking at a winger released by a premier league side. About 2.10pm it was. Don’t know if anyone else heard as it wasn’t clear so could have been just me??

Didn't hear but I guess the obvious name looking at released players might be Josh Sims? Although been heavily linked with Sheff Wed.

“By the end of this season, I’ve got absolutely no doubt that we’ll lose two or three players,” admitted Appleton.

Josh Sims - Looks like he's predominantly right footed/right wing but can play left wing and isn't traumatised at the thought of using his left peg.

Ellis Simms from Everton would be a decent loan. Bonus is he is injured not expected to be fit until September so he fits our profile. Bit of a gamble but has a good record .In limbo at the moment.

Last edited:
Interesting comments post match by Thommo re possible defender along lines of "We all know who it is... he needs to decide what he's doing and club need to give him an ultimatum to come or not so they can move on".
Who knows how ITK Thommo is though?

Interesting comments post match by Thommo re possible defender along lines of "We all know who it is... he needs to decide what he's doing and club need to give him an ultimatum to come or not so they can move on".
Yeah I thought it could only be one player he was talking about. Maybe it's down to terms as he undoubtedly has offers from other clubs.
If Tayo goes will that make it less likely he will come here? Aren't they buddies?

Something App and DC have in common - both happy to be patient and wait for the right player. We have had this for several seasons now. Possibly Jez George is an influence here.

I think that will be the Scottish player not TJ

Something App and DC have in common - both happy to be patient and wait for the right player. We have had this for several seasons now. Possibly Jez George is an influence here.

I think the fact that we've picked up four points from the first two league games (even if we haven't played well through a full game yet) makes that approach a lot easier doesn't it. If we hadn't got points on the board there's be more pressure to get new signings in ASAP.