Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Maybe there arent any Championship clubs that have a space for him. or maybe he doesnt want to join a Championship club and be 4th or 5th choice, maybe he wants to play.
If so, what is the going price tag for a Div 1 young defender? It might not be all that much. It might be the 50% of what we got for Grant. Was that rumoured at 500k, so we got 250k to re-invest. It might not be so far-fetched.

I would also be delighted for you to be proven wrong. its a win win - we get tj and you are wrong
Can I be as ungracious as you if I'm right? I'm classier than that, so no.

We all support the same team and have experienced an unprecedented period of success in my lifetime, shame there's a few who seem to enjoy belittling it by perceiving some of the club's current squad as National League standard.

spurs are known to be reducing their wage bill. if it’s right for tj could definitely see a mutual agreement with a fee waived and buy back / large sell on clause.
Rumoured to be buying Ramsey on a £250k weekly wage. Offload Eyoma and save less than £5k a week. Nah not having that, they don’t want Eyoma, to them he is one of 30ish lads a year that they decide won’t make the grade and end up being damn good LG 1 or 2 players. A few climb back up the ladder, let’s hope we can get him on the first rung.
He would be a great signing but come on he wouldn’t have been noticed by most opponents last year as being an outstanding prospect. 2 years under MApp he just might be

I'll admit the "facts" were put there to provoke, but seeing has you did, I will go with your classic thinking error theory.

What is the explanation for Poole playing 22 games from January when TJ was fairly constantly available, if MA didn't rate Poole above TJ at full back. I am blind to my classic thinking error...

...and why was TJ not picked at CH when Jackson, Montsma and Walsh were available, if he was a first choice CH. I can't see an explanation.

This is where you do the work! I can think of least one really obvious one which has already given on another thread. There are two other relatively easy ones. Just to let you know I really like Regan Poole and believe he could be star for us. I believe Regan Poole is a right back and TJ is really a right centre back. Again probably an opinion.

In relation to the centre back question, there is at least another three explanations I can think of, some of which have already been given to you on other threads. Again no point me doing the work as I am not a rigid thinker.

Just for clarity they are all opinions, until the big Apple comes on here to explain himself and if he did, I expect it but be very nuanced, not static and changed as circumstances did. I am giving you some clues here. Again, the big Apple may have believed RP was in fact a better right back. That does not make it a fact!!!!

Would a host of championship clubs really be queuing up to loan or buy him? After one season in league 1 (A very good one according to our standards, but what are the standards of championship clubs?) Maybe they would take a punt in a normal season, but aren’t they all cutting back a bit this season.

brilliant signing if the rumour is true. Is chapman’s dad the kind of fella with a track record to post stuff like this?

Rumoured to be buying Ramsey on a £250k weekly wage. Offload Eyoma and save less than £5k a week. Nah not having that, they don’t want Eyoma, to them he is one of 30ish lads a year that they decide won’t make the grade and end up being damn good LG 1 or 2 players. A few climb back up the ladder, let’s hope we can get him on the first rung.
He would be a great signing but come on he wouldn’t have been noticed by most opponents last year as being an outstanding prospect. 2 years under MApp he just might be

wouldnt be so sure with daniel levy. think they were one of the first to lay staff off too. the first 15-20 players in their squad completely different to rest of their set up.

TJ is an interesting one. I've posted in other places before that Stoke are very, very interested..... however that doesn't necessarily mean they will get him!

Also had it said to me that he (TJ) was at the EPC a fortnight ago!

I accept it's all a little bit conjecture, but what a signing he would be if we could get him. An absolute shoe in at centre half for 40+ games.

In Big Apple we trust ...... let's see what he has for us!

This is where you do the work! I can think of least one really obvious one which has already given on another thread. There are two other relatively easy ones. Just to let you know I really like Regan Poole and believe he could be star for us. I believe Regan Poole is a right back and TJ is really a right centre back. Again probably an opinion.

In relation to the centre back question, there is at least another three explanations I can think of, some of which have already been given to you on other threads. Again no point me doing the work as I am not a rigid thinker.

Just for clarity they are all opinions, until the big Apple comes on here to explain himself and if he did, I expect it but be very nuanced, not static and changed as circumstances did. I am giving you some clues here. Again, the big Apple may have believed RP was in fact a better right back. That does not make it a fact!!!!

Good try.

I'll give you I put my interpretation to the facts.

It's all semantics......

The facts are Poole played 22 matches at RB after Xmas, when TJ had played the majority of games there before Poole arrived.

Secondly TJ was rarely if ever selected as CH when all four CH's were available.

I hope you will meet me that far, even if it's possible MA's cat was held hostage to force him to not pick TJ much after Xmas, rather than because of MA's opinion of the merits of the players...

Enough...
It is quite interesting that everyone is so excited about the rumour of TJ returning, given my "facts".

I also highly rate both TJ and Poole.

Shows that we are heading in the right direction and are assembling a really good squad, (the ideal size of which is another debate), where a TJ wasn't and wouldn't necessarily be an automatic first choice.

Probably will be signed by the morning!!

UTI

Surprised to wake up and find this speculation, though interesting. Can’t see it happening but you just never know. If Spurs want to offload and no Championship clubs are interested (I could believe not sign permanently, but there might be some interest from them in a loan move). I’m not swayed by the arguments about Poole and CB. At the time MA was probably looking to play Poole in as a permanent signing, TJ’s performance stats were going down, reportedly, and the CB positions were fluid with Covid, injuries, etc. we’ll see 🤞🤞

I will bare my arse in burtons window
Originally it was bare my arse in Woolworths. But with both Woolies and Burtons gone from Lincoln we need to find somewhere else to do our arse baring.

But back to Eyoma . If we do sign him I think that will indicate the positive influence the American investment has been to the club. Also, that we are not content to sit comfortably in League one but are gearing for a promotion challenge yet again. It would be a great signing of a young player who, fingers crossed, will have a big future in the game.

Would a host of championship clubs really be queuing up to loan or buy him? After one season in league 1 (A very good one according to our standards, but what are the standards of championship clubs?) Maybe they would take a punt in a normal season, but aren’t they all cutting back a bit this season.

brilliant signing if the rumour is true. Is chapman’s dad the kind of fella with a track record to post stuff like this?
Yes this week

TJ is interesting. As a signing, either permanent or season long loan, it would be a real statement of our standing if we can persuade a Premiership club and player that we are the place to continue the development of a player who has already proved himself at this level. For the club, you would think they would be looking to challenge him at a higher level. For the player, you would think he would be looking to play 30 plus games and prove himself in a particular position.

I'm comfortable that we are a club that has demonstrated that we can treat loanees well and add value to them, but I don't know that we can offer TJ a guarantee of as many games as he played last year. You would hope he would have more competition than he had for much of last season. He wasn't a shoe-in at right-back but MA kept returning to him. Bradley, Gotts, Poole and even Anderson were slotted in in front of him for periods of the season. And the same was true at centre-half with Montsma and Jackson usually preferred.

That doesn't detract from his standard of performances when he was selected, nor that he improved over the course of the season. His major weakness though is his contribution in the final third and I think this is key to whether he is the sort of player we will see coming in to compete at right-back. I think we will go for a right-sided Bramall. And at centre-half, it depends whether Melbourne has done enough/wants to stay to fill the left-sided centre-back role. If he has we are only looking for right-back competition, If not, a left-footed centre-back is the priority (depending on Roughan I suppose).

Tough decisions, even if it is an option, but hardly a nailed on proposition by any means.

TJ would be a superb signing.

Something about a pro footballers dad posting what looks like potential insider knowledge publicly on Twitter does irk me though. Feel like such a person is in a circle of trust. Say there was an opportunity to get TJ but a club like Ipswich now see this rumour and offer big bucks that could be really frustrating. Could be wrong. Could just be a rumour he has heard and reposting, but still doesn’t look great.

Eyoma would be a superb signing, either loan or permanently. I'd be amazed if we could finance the latter without Spurs forfeiting a decent fee for him and accepting a higher sell-on clause.

I suspect he'd be looking to get a Championship gig although it's all about game time and that's something we'd be able to offer.

You do have to wonder why Chapman's Dad feels the need to post it on Twitter, especially if it's already not a done deal. Maybe it's done and that's why he's comfortable saying it but for me, if I'm one who's been told something, I'm not putting it on social media, especially as since Clive has been here, and even more so over the last two years, very little gets out.

Eyoma would be a superb signing, either loan or permanently. I'd be amazed if we could finance the latter without Spurs forfeiting a decent fee for him and accepting a higher sell-on clause.

I suspect he'd be looking to get a Championship gig although it's all about game time and that's something we'd be able to offer.

You do have to wonder why Chapman's Dad feels the need to post it on Twitter, especially if it's already not a done deal. Maybe it's done and that's why he's comfortable saying it but for me, if I'm one who's been told something, I'm not putting it on social media, especially as since Clive has been here, and even more so over the last two years, very little gets out.

Perhaps he knows TJ's dad? That seems a perfectly reasonable reason to post on a public area information that was apparently passed on in confidence...

It seems to me that if there's an issue with rumours getting out onto the internet then that's an issue with whoever from within the club is passing them on to people outside, in confidence or not. Once it's out it's out and you can't keep control of it.

Hopefully this one is true anyway.