Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

We certainly couldn't afford 40K a week or anything close, but you'd like to think if you are on that kind of money and in any way sensible with it, you will have more than enough to live on for the rest of your natural by now

Still don't think it very likely irrespective of Sam's previous comments

Sean Roughan's contract was announced by the club (below from 20th July 2020) and that moves him out of the Academy and into the bracket of a player with 2 years left on his contract,

https://www.extratime.com/articles/...c of Ireland under-17,year deal with the club.

Transfer Market lists his game with Southampton in 'Premier League 2' as having taken place on the 7th May 2021,

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sea...2748/saison/2020/wettbewerb/GB21/verein/36546

So far I think he has played 11 times for the first team, including in four competitions, and been a regular in the match day squad for much of the season. I cannot see him going anywhere on the cheap.

Sean Roughan's contract was announced by the club (below from 20th July 2020) and that moves him out of the Academy and into the bracket of a player with 2 years left on his contract,

https://www.extratime.com/articles/25083/dubliner-sean-roughan-signs-first-professional-contract-lincoln-city/#:~:text=Republic of Ireland under-17,year deal with the club.

Transfer Market lists his game with Southampton in 'Premier League 2' as having taken place on the 7th May 2021,

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sea...2748/saison/2020/wettbewerb/GB21/verein/36546

So far I think he has played 11 times for the first team, including in four competitions, and been a regular in the match day squad for much of the season. I cannot see him going anywhere on the cheap.

Agreed. We hold some good cards if other clubs are interested.

People have questioned how the youth production line has been for quite some time now. If Sean is bought by Southampton it is a clear indication that it is starting to show benefits. Good luck to him if it happens. A Premier League club most of on here are fine with (Egil Ostenstad falling over aside)

People have questioned how the youth production line has been for quite some time now. If Sean is bought by Southampton it is a clear indication that it is starting to show benefits. Good luck to him if it happens. A Premier League club most of on here are fine with (Egil Ostenstad falling over aside)
the performances in the youth cup were a clear indication of progress imo... +tim akinola... +long invited to train with england... +malaysian youth international... eta draper.

the performances in the youth cup were a clear indication of progress imo... +tim akinola... +long invited to train with england... +malaysian youth international... eta draper.

Agreed. I was more thinking further back than this season where realistically after we sold Jack Hobbs to Liverpool fifteen odd years ago and Lee Frecklington shortly after you'd struggle to come up with any real names. Some might suggest Ellis Chapman who is warming the bench at Cheltenham, but no

Not a rumour but any chance at all we could bring him home? I think he's said he'd like to play for Lincoln again before he retires - that would have to be the factor over finance I guess.

Very much anticipating 'no chance' responses to this :-)

It’s a nice thought but if he moves to a championship club he’s probably being paid in the region of £1m a year. He could get 1/4 to a 1/3 of that with us at best.

There are a lot of ifs buts ands and maybes, but some of the questions that need to be answered are:
1. Does MA see a role for him in the Lincoln model of playing and would he add needed experience to the group (a la Bridcutt);
2. Is SC serious about wanting to play for the Imps again, whether in the Championship or League 1;
3. If he is serious, is he sufficiently financially secure that he would consider a cut in wages to play for the Imps (and how big a cut).

There are probably all sorts of other questions but these are the main three that spring to mind.