Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Payne was such a shame. When he first started he for us he was incredible, he could light up the pitch with his passing. As has been said, he couldn't defend or shoot too well.

For comparison, Edun, who is also pretty small, is a superior player.

Looking at Payne in the pre season and the early games, I thought he was guaranteed to be our player of the season. He played with passion and skill. And then he just faded exactly like he did at Bradford.

Looking at Payne in the pre season and the early games, I thought he was guaranteed to be our player of the season. He played with passion and skill. And then he just faded exactly like he did at Bradford.
Slightly harsh saying we got a new manager 3 months into the season ... a manager who totally flipped the club in terms of playing style and set up. I would suggest that might have had something to do with it

Slightly harsh saying we got a new manager 3 months into the season ... a manager who totally flipped the club in terms of playing style and set up. I would suggest that might have had something to do with it
You look at Payne's skill set and MA's approach and I'd suggest the two were wholly compatible.

However, MA places high demands on his players, technically and in terms of fitness and attitude. Payne clearly failed to meet those demands, certainly in matches and presumably also in training.

You look at Payne's skill set and MA's approach and I'd suggest the two were wholly compatible.

However, MA places high demands on his players, technically and in terms of fitness and attitude. Payne clearly failed to meet those demands, certainly in matches and presumably also in training.

Think I mentioned it before but I think he 1) takes too many touches for an Appleton player based on this season's style, and actually probably doesn't fit so well in the 4-3-3 we've been playing & 2) would have been a decent earner compared to a loanee!

He’s contracted though isn’t he? Would it be a potential transfer or is it free agent / compensation scenario?

I don’t know anything about this but isn’t there a difference between an academy player and a player on a professional contract ie not all academy players will be ‘contracted professionally’?

Well the wiki says "a fixed tariff for all transfers of players under 18 years" but I grant you it's not clear if that means only those without a professional contract

These clubs might think they are Johny Big Bollocks but they can't overrule English contract law. He has a contract so they can cough up or fuck off.

Wasn't there a happy 18th birthday tweet put out by the club for Sean last month (or even back in March)???