Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 66 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

It seems to me that if there's an issue with rumours getting out onto the internet then that's an issue with whoever from within the club is passing them on to people outside, in confidence or not. Once it's out it's out and you can't keep control of it.

Hopefully this one is true anyway.
The club are pretty watertight on rumours getting out, it's been commented often enough on here that none of us saw a particular signing coming. The one exception this summer has been Bishop, which was an on-going thing over the summer but the most 'authoritative' rumours came from local press in Ipswich. Griffiths also, that also came from outside.

These TJ rumours feel speculative, why should Ellis's dad be ITK? It may be an agent's move to trigger interest and a better deal for his man.

Good try.

I'll give you I put my interpretation to the facts.

It's all semantics......

The facts are Poole played 22 matches at RB after Xmas, when TJ had played the majority of games there before Poole arrived.

Secondly TJ was rarely if ever selected as CH when all four CH's were available.

I hope you will meet me that far, even if it's possible MA's cat was held hostage to force him to not pick TJ much after Xmas, rather than because of MA's opinion of the merits of the players...

Enough...
It is quite interesting that everyone is so excited about the rumour of TJ returning, given my "facts".

I also highly rate both TJ and Poole.

Shows that we are heading in the right direction and are assembling a really good squad, (the ideal size of which is another debate), where a TJ wasn't and wouldn't necessarily be an automatic first choice.

Probably will be signed by the morning!!

UTI
What is the Cat called?

Second time he's done it this week, what a maverick!

What was the other one, out of interest?

Personally can't see Eyoma coming back to us. However, if he did, think Mapp would play him CB rather than RB... he was an absolute beast there towards the end of the season.

The constant injury problems of Walsh and Jackson may have also contributed to the club looking to bring Eyoma in. We just cannot rely on those two to be available on a regular basis. And Eyoma looked the real deal at CB towards the end of the season.

What is the explanation for Poole playing 22 games from January when TJ was fairly constantly available, if MA didn't rate Poole above TJ at full back. I am blind to my classic thinking error...

...and why was TJ not picked at CH when Jackson, Montsma and Walsh were available, if he was a first choice CH. I can't see an explanation.
a) Michael Appleton explained that one - TJ's data showed he was struggling for fitness after Christmas in his first full season in pro football;
b) TJ was signed primarily as a right-back and only filled in at centre-half when Jackson/Montsma/Walsh had injuries (such as the end of the season).

a) Michael Appleton explained that one - TJ's data showed he was struggling for fitness after Christmas in his first full season in pro football;
b) TJ was signed primarily as a right-back and only filled in at centre-half when Jackson/Montsma/Walsh had injuries (such as the end of the season).
He also said that was true for most of the squad, who had played little football in previous seasons and then loads last season.

a) Not for 4 months? He was rested when Poole arrived but "rested" even after a decent rest.
b) Precisely - he was only 3rd or 4th choice CH last season.

He is however a centre half, I believe.

Easier for a young player to get games at RB, which he did before Christmas and then as his experience, strength and fitness develops, more able to compete in his best position.

I think MA also said it made sense to play RP as he was our player and TJ was very unlikely to be here on loan next season.

I think if we got him, he would be our best CB. Unfortunately I stick with he’ll go to a championship club.

Surely?!? He was so good last season. If I was a mid table championship club, I would be on the phone to Spurs trying to get him in as a 2nd/3rd choice CB.