Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

I think you need to come to terms with the fact we will rarely, if ever, be buying the finished article at this level. The model is clearly to buy low and sell high.

We’ve got a Manager who is a first class coach, and will improve players through working with them for a period on the training ground. It might not work 100% of the time but I’m willing to bet Bramhall will improve. I also seem to recall Edun getting hammered on here for his performances at left back early in the season (Rochdale away?), and yet his improvement in that position has been remarkable.

Mapp hasn’t let us down yet, maybe give him, and Bramhall, a little bit of respect? We’re called ‘supporters’ for a reason.

my opinion stands that I do not see bramhall as a top end league one player. that opinion does not disrespect appleton & neither does it disrespect bramhall.

I barely post here anymore after being fairly active for quite a while but I still like to read as there are some really good posters with interesting insights and comments.

Your insistence Bramall isn’t very good is in every single thread and it doesn’t add anything besides bringing down a lad that hasn’t done much wrong. He’s a rotation left back that had some really good moments after a nervous debut without having any pre-season and barely any time to train with the Tuesday/Saturday situation of last season. He offers an attacking outlet from the left we’ve missed since Toffolo.

He’s nowhere near as bad as you make out, especially compared to some we’ve had in that position in the last 10 years.

The constant negativity to Bramall is dull, unhelpful, and unnecessary.

hear hear

what is the point comparing to left backs over the past 10 years? we’re currently competing at a totally different level and I’m enjoying the ride as much as anyone else. however i’ve seen nothing to suggest bramhall is good enough to regularly play in a team which has ambitions of challenging at the top end of league one.
Please tell me how many times Bramall ( with a capital B as in Wolds imp ) was given a run out from the time he was signed. In view of your opinion it must be more than I can remember .

I think you need to come to terms with the fact we will rarely, if ever, be buying the finished article at this level. The model is clearly to buy low and sell high.

We’ve got a Manager who is a first class coach, and will improve players through working with them for a period on the training ground. It might not work 100% of the time but I’m willing to bet Bramhall will improve. I also seem to recall Edun getting hammered on here for his performances at left back early in the season (Rochdale away?), and yet his improvement in that position has been remarkable.

Mapp hasn’t let us down yet, maybe give him, and Bramhall, a little bit of respect? We’re called ‘supporters’ for a reason.
LOUD APPLAUSE !!!

I barely post here anymore after being fairly active for quite a while but I still like to read as there are some really good posters with interesting insights and comments.

Your insistence Bramall isn’t very good is in every single thread and it doesn’t add anything besides bringing down a lad that hasn’t done much wrong. He’s a rotation left back that had some really good moments after a nervous debut without having any pre-season and barely any time to train with the Tuesday/Saturday situation of last season. He offers an attacking outlet from the left we’ve missed since Toffolo.

He’s nowhere near as bad as you make out, especially compared to some we’ve had in that position in the last 10 years.

The constant negativity to Bramall is dull, unhelpful, and unnecessary.

Takes a pretty decent free kick as well.