Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Did you not see the build up and all the shit they gave us over the season? They got what they deserved! Grimsby have not been a rival for a long time - we are league 1 we have new rivals!
No, I didn’t. Where was it and what was it?

I know several Sunderland fans and they’re great and have been very complimentary.

Rivalries generally need to be reciprocated to be worth their salt.

No, I didn’t. Where was it and what was it?

I know several Sunderland fans and they’re great and have been very complimentary.

Rivalries generally need to be reciprocated to be worth their salt.

its well document have a look on their forum!

its well document have a look on their forum!
Oh, you're talking about that! I read their forum. The majority of the references to a 'pub team', something you and a handful of others on here seem obsessed by, come from our own fans posting on there and most of the derogatory comments about us are in response to goading from said Lincoln fans. I guess they're trying to create that rivalry too. Maybe its you posting?

They have a sizeable number of absolute idiots on there but it's worth remembering they also seem to have thousands posting. The fact you only take away the negative comments and not the plenty of praise we get maybe says more about you and a proportion of our fans. Not worth writing off a club or a fanbase based on their morons. Even more so based on online activity - I found their fans nothing but amiable and good natured when they came down here, good atmosphere - otherwise I'd be self loathing based on a couple of posters I don't agree with on here.

Plenty refer to the league as tin pot or pub league but they were in the Prem four years ago and they are quite a big club for this level so I can understand their perception. Don't forget how some of our fans (again a minority) were when we were in the National League.

Anyway, I think Graham would be a very good signing indeed. Appleton knows him and will be able to get the best out of him and whilst his age profile is a little older than most of our squad, I don't think a few more experienced heads to supplement the youngsters will do any harm at all.

Oh, you're talking about that! I read their forum. The majority of the references to a 'pub team', something you and a handful of others on here seem obsessed by, come from our own fans posting on there and most of the derogatory comments about us are in response to goading from said Lincoln fans. I guess they're trying to create that rivalry too. Maybe its you posting?

They have a sizeable number of absolute idiots on there but it's worth remembering they also seem to have thousands posting. The fact you only take away the negative comments and not the plenty of praise we get maybe says more about you and a proportion of our fans. Not worth writing off a club or a fanbase based on their morons. Even more so based on online activity - I found their fans nothing but amiable and good natured when they came down here, good atmosphere - otherwise I'd be self loathing based on a couple of posters I don't agree with on here.

Plenty refer to the league as tin pot or pub league but they were in the Prem four years ago and they are quite a big club for this level so I can understand their perception. Don't forget how some of our fans (again a minority) were when we were in the National League.

Anyway, I think Graham would be a very good signing indeed. Appleton knows him and will be able to get the best out of him and whilst his age profile is a little older than most of our squad, I don't think a few more experienced heads to supplement the youngsters will do any harm at all.

I am a Russian bot I post lots of things in lots of places

More to bring this back to the attention of people but Josh Bowler will be released at the end of the month by Everton.
Interesting - he went from QPR to Everton for a fee of up to £4.25m in 2017.

That said, given he's presumably based in Liverpool and Blackpool can offer Championship football, you'd have to think they're in pole position if they're still interested. Unless he thinks he'd get more game time here and MApp, Liam and Clive can sell him the dream.

A bit more on him here.

That Graham would be a great signing. Sounds like he could maybe get a champ deal on more money but if he was was option would be a big signing in a key position to replace the loanees

If only an argument with you Notty only lasted half an hour.
I missed 2 football matches and very nearly a whole cricket test match on Sky once cos you wouldn’t shut up, in the end I had to agree with you and tell you to feck off so I could get my life back. 🤣🤣

I can't help it if you're wrong all the time. :grinning:

Sorry, not a go at the poster - more the rehashed piffle served up as journalism.

I would imagine it’s more a direct response to some of the doubters on here that the investment might not be happening.

It’s great news re the US investor though.

My only query was that when this was initially raised that we had hopes of an investor from the USA. That it was clearly stated it was hoped to be sorted by end of May. That is why I asked if there was a problem which hopefully now as been answered.