Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Shows you how much memories differ. I recall him coming off his line to challenge for corners on several occasions when the ball was swung into the six year area.

And the free header was just outside the six yard box, and definitely not a keepers ball.

Well the full game video is up on the site, your welcome to watch it at 2x speed and pull all those examples out of him doing it and not have to rely on your memory...

That still shot has the player heading it right on the 6 yard line and it's a big looping cross, exactly the kind of thing people on this site have mildly reproached Palmer for not coming to get...

I think the latter stages of this thread go a long way to illustrate the jeopardy of being a goalkeeper. We could put together a highlights reel of all the missed chances by the forwards, penalties etc. that potentially cost more points over the season, but no one ever does. I think the lad has had a decent season in a team that was never out of the top six in league one. Good enough for me, and will only improve with experience. If its with us next year, then I won't have any sleepless nights.

I think the latter stages of this thread go a long way to illustrate the jeopardy of being a goalkeeper. We could put together a highlights reel of all the missed chances by the forwards, penalties etc. that potentially cost more points over the season, but no one ever does. I think the lad has had a decent season in a team that was never out of the top six in league one. Good enough for me, and will only improve with experience. If its with us next year, then I won't have any sleepless nights.

How many points did missed penalties cost us? versus how many mistakes made by the keeper that cost us points?

But switching attacking patterns means fundamentally changing the way we play. We used Morton as another Hopper because it was more efficient than changing up the entire system for a different kind of forward.
No sh*t Sherlock, it’s called a plan B. Blackpool lost Sims a day before the final and changed formation and tactics.

Did they really
Sims and Yates with 2 wide players was the basis of Blackpool’s rise up the table. Embleton usually played as one of the wide men but played central just behind Yates at Wembley. We shouldn’t get too hung up on formations and one style of play, I would much sooner have options to switch from game to game and even within a game. The higher you go the more options you need, the scouting is better so teams find a way to stop you playing one style.
MApp is great and fully support him but Critchley out coached and outsmarted him at Wembley because he had more options and I think caught us a bit unprepared with their formation which we never really got to grips with.

Sims and Yates with 2 wide players was the basis of Blackpool’s rise up the table. Embleton usually played as one of the wide men but played central just behind Yates at Wembley. We shouldn’t get too hung up on formations and one style of play, I would much sooner have options to switch from game to game and even within a game. The higher you go the more options you need, the scouting is better so teams find a way to stop you playing one style.
MApp is great and fully support him but Critchley out coached and outsmarted him at Wembley because he had more options and I think caught us a bit unprepared with their formation which we never really got to grips with.
Some of it was kind of by accident as I’m sure Sims would have played if fit.

Playoff finals are pot luck - Southend were shite that one time but still won.

Its the end of a long season with many extraneous influences on performance (CV-19 etc) we shouldn't really point the finger it was just not our day. On another day we would have been 2/3 nil up before Blackpool turned up or their goal scorer would have missed. I think we used up our luck against Sunderland

I don't now about you but the disappointment of not getting promotion is offset by the satisfaction of watching the worlds largest football team implode after being turned over by the pub team!

Playoff finals are pot luck - Southend were shite that one time but still won.

Its the end of a long season with many extraneous influences on performance (CV-19 etc) we shouldn't really point the finger it was just not our day. On another day we would have been 2/3 nil up before Blackpool turned up or their goal scorer would have missed. I think we used up our luck against Sunderland

I don't now about you but the disappointment of not getting promotion is offset by the satisfaction of watching the worlds largest football team implode after being turned over by the pub team!
Plus our comedy team from on the coast...........ladies & gents (if yer allowed to say that) I give you Grimesby Town. Huzzah!

Some of it was kind of by accident as I’m sure Sims would have played if fit.
Yes absolutely but the point is that to be successful you have more than one plan, formation and tactical approach that can be adapted so all the players can slot in and be familiar with. My main point being we shouldn’t be so dependant on the tactics dictated by the inclusion of a Tom Hopper type CF.

The very hit and miss site Football League World is suggesting that we have put a contract offer to Jordan Graham after he left Gills.

They do indicate that both Birmingham and Charlton are sniffing around

The very hit and miss site Football League World is suggesting that we have put a contract offer to Jordan Graham after he left Gills.

They do indicate that both Birmingham and Charlton are sniffing around
He did sign on loan for the boss while he was manager at Oxford. I keep looking at his stats and keep wondering why at 26 he has not played more or seemingly settled at a club.

He did sign on loan for the boss while he was manager at Oxford. I keep looking at his stats and keep wondering why at 26 he has not played more or seemingly settled at a club.
Wolves had high hopes for him but he suffered a serious knee injury around five years ago. He was out for more than a year but Wolves kept him around in the hope that he would return and fulfil his potential. Unfortunately for Graham, Wolves were promoted to the Premier League in 2018 so his chances of making it back to their first team basically disappeared.

Yes absolutely but the point is that to be successful you have more than one plan, formation and tactical approach that can be adapted so all the players can slot in and be familiar with. My main point being we shouldn’t be so dependant on the tactics dictated by the inclusion of a Tom Hopper type CF.
I have to agree with you, particularly because Morton is a different type and I think his talents were wasted in trying to continue with the same tactic. If for no other reason that the opposition are wise to it !
Criticize Danny and Nicky but they usually had a plan B if it wasnt working .

What a ridiculous thing to say!! Why this obsession with Sunderland?

Lincoln is all that matters. 'Oh I would be gutted that we lost but it's alright Sunderland lost too....'. I can almost (only almost) understand it with Grimsby but not some other random team that we've made up a rivalry with.

What a ridiculous thing to say!! Why this obsession with Sunderland?

Lincoln is all that matters. 'Oh I would be gutted that we lost but it's alright Sunderland lost too....'. I can almost (only almost) understand it with Grimsby but not some other random team that we've made up a rivalry with.

Did you not see the build up and all the shit they gave us over the season? They got what they deserved! Grimsby have not been a rival for a long time - we are league 1 we have new rivals!