Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 135 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Plymouth have been ordered by their owner to start paying their own way, so I would be surprised if it is them. And would a player sign a short-term deal for more money or a longer-term deal for less?

I know this should be in a new January transfer thread but it’s no surprise that Scully is taking the eye of numerous clubs. All fairly obvious and clickbaity but we will no doubt be getting offers for him if he carries on in this vein of form.

Shall we say start at 1m+?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/e...dersfield-interest-emerges-in-9-goal-efl-ace/
With that sort of line-up chasing him the fee should not be below 7 figures (hopefully he hasn’t got one of those silly release clause, has he 🤔)

I think Gary's reasoning for the delay etc makes sense, what I understand less is why he would be sent here from Norwich's perspective? I'd have thought (assuming it's a loan) it would make more sense to go to somewhere else where he'd be a number 1, or at least guaranteed. Especially if he's just had a successful spell at King's Lynn, you'd think another Conference or L2 club might be in the market for him.

MA in his match preview talked about the agents of unattached players still demanding ridiculous wages and they appear not to realise that the longer a player goes unsigned and January draws nearer, it means there is no point in signing them as they won't be match fit anyway.

Greed and madness on the part of the agents and players. Football does not stand still, and will players like 24 year old Josh Sims for example (very tenuously linked with us) get another chance at L1 level, or are they in danger of having to take a big wage drop regardless and still have to try to resurrect their careers at a lower level after January.

It doesn't say much about some players attitudes and desire, something that managers may remember in the future when choosing between one player over another.

Last edited:
MA in his match preview talked about the agents of unattached players still demanding ridiculous wages and they appear not to realise that the longer a player goes unsigned and January draws nearer, it means there is no point in signing them as they won't be match fit anyway.

Greed and madness on the part of the agents and players. Football does not stand still, and will players like 24 year old Josh Sims for example (very tenuously linked with us) get another chance at L1 level, or are they in danger of having to take a big wage drop regardless and still have try to resurrect their careers at a lower level after January.

It doesn't say much about some players attitudes and desire, something that managers may remember in the future when choosing between one player over another.
Agree they have to prove themselves again and sometimes means a wage drop to realistic levels let's face it they are free for a reason and if someone is willing to give you a chance take it