Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 134 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Charlton could obviously outbid Lincoln for a player (despite having net liabilities of £23m), but I cannot see either of their signings being on our radar. Wigan are one of the clubs massively over-committing themselves, but I don't think a player they released from their U23 side in January would be our target either.

That leaves Joe Dodoo or Madger Gomes, both of whom would be attractive options for the right price. Striker Dodoo (rather surprisingly) has gone to Doncaster, who do not have two pennies to rub together. Attacking midfielder Gomes has joined Crewe, who do have money after some big sales in 2021.

Maybe this player hasn’t actually signed for the other league one club yet? It will be interesting to see any new acquisitions in forward or winger areas as that would be where we were trying to strengthen.

I would think it is
Divin Baningime (20), forward, ex-Wigan back to Wigan

Four times what we were prepared to pay does not have to be a massive amount. If we were to offer £356.40 per week for an untried and tested player, four times that would be £1425.60

Liam said in the podcast that they offered a player a wage and what we offered was doubled by another in 20 minutes, it's crazy !

Joe Dodoo is an interesting one. He declined a contract offer from Wigan - one of the division's big spenders - yet has ended up at Doncaster.

Maybe this player hasn’t actually signed for the other league one club yet? It will be interesting to see any new acquisitions in forward or winger areas as that would be where we were trying to strengthen.
That's possible, although MA says that player 'has gone on and earned' probably four times what we could pay him. That suggests he has a club.

I would think it is

Four times what we were prepared to pay does not have to be a massive amount. If we were to offer £356.40 per week for an untried and tested player, four times that would be £1425.60
Do you think we’re paying minimum wage for players?

Charlton could obviously outbid Lincoln for a player (despite having net liabilities of £23m), but I cannot see either of their signings being on our radar.

I was thinking maybe Henderson could have been the one on a 12 month deal to allow Long to go out on his suggested loan

Joe Dodoo is an interesting one. He declined a contract offer from Wigan - one of the division's big spenders - yet has ended up at Doncaster.

Maybe he was just so underwhelmed by the Pier he wanted to follow the road in the other direction.

Who doesn't love an Orwellian reference in a football forum?

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe Henderson could have been the one on a 12 month deal to allow Long to go out on his suggested loan
Although he hasn't played a competitive game since 2018, no appearances at all for Palace. You would imagine there are better goalkeeping options out there, and closer to home than south London.

MA admits City have been 'blown out of the water' financially by a fellow League One club over a free agent. Incredibly, the player is being paid 'probably four times' Lincoln's offer (allowing for some licence in the amount):

Michael Appleton is ascending in the "Evans Quotient"

I would think it is

Could also have been Kieran Agard who Plymouth signed? The fact they got him on a ‘short term deal’ may suggest that they can only afford him for a short term? Previously with MK and unattached after being released at end of last season.

Daniel Sturridge is currently unattached. Would he sign a short term contract so as to get some game time and to prove his fitness? He can't hold on for ever if he wants another 5 or 6 years onto his career...