Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 133 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

I watched a bit of Sky Sports News at lunchtime on deadline day (I had nothing better to do). I was amazed to see 5 presenters in the studio pretty much doing the same thing, just sat with a different backdrop

My favourite bit was when some bloke came on set with his phone to announce some "massive breaking news" and proceeded to tell us about a transfer that wasn't happening!

perhaps he detests the posh so much he said I will only play for you you Kent if you pay me £5k a week.

also I don’t think those wages are excessive not sure what he is moaning about
I don't think it's the wages that are what he was laughing at, but the £1 million "Release Fee", which was probably for the player and his agent.
It does seem more like a roundabout way of turning down a move to Peterborough without saying a straight up "No", but with a "I'm open to a move to you for silly money!".

You are correct I was getting a bit carried away of course there is still "Blue Peter"

Anyway both great loco classes the A1's and A2's and of course Peppercorn was a student of Gresley unlike Thompson but at least he did the B1 so I will give him that.

I missed Mayflower coming through Lincoln last week as I was watching us at Oxford.
I on the other hand wasn’t watching us at Oxford last Saturday and photographed Mayflower near Metheringham.

Attachments

• 4287157D-4A08-4F63-9463-EAB422077A3B.jpeg
    4287157D-4A08-4F63-9463-EAB422077A3B.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 22
Interesting Article

Lincoln’s loss is definitely Swansea’s gain : Imps chairman hits out at the swans - Swansea City News | Swansea Independent (fansnetwork.co.uk)

According to this Journo Liam has been upsetting the Swansea Chairman,

I dont think i have heard any Lincoln City employee blame anyone publicly for the failure of the transfer.

Swansea were only looking after themselves in the matter and I really cannot imagine Clive/Liam/Jez or Michael would come out in public and ruin a relationship with another club.

Hopefully Liam is on the phone looking for an apology.

Interesting Article

Lincoln’s loss is definitely Swansea’s gain : Imps chairman hits out at the swans - Swansea City News | Swansea Independent (fansnetwork.co.uk)

According to this Journo Liam has been upsetting the Swansea Chairman,

I dont think i have heard any Lincoln City employee blame anyone publicly for the failure of the transfer.

Swansea were only looking after themselves in the matter and I really cannot imagine Clive/Liam/Jez or Michael would come out in public and ruin a relationship with another club.

Hopefully Liam is on the phone looking for an apology.
Not sure someone the headlines with Chairman and quotes CEO is going to get much credence.
However, an apology and retraction should be in order. If, as is almost certain, this is a complete crock of wankpuffin shit.

If anyone expects a 'bloggist' to issue an apology really doesn't know how that internet system works. They look for quick clickbait headlines and it has worked. I can't imagine anyone at the club is losing sleep over it

MA admits City have been 'blown out of the water' financially by a fellow League One club over a free agent. Incredibly, the player is being paid 'probably four times' Lincoln's offer (allowing for some licence in the amount):

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...ews/tempted-lincoln-city-boss-michael-5897785

OK, so who could it be? There is a feature about free agents in this week's Around One article (to be published later), but this is a list of all the free agents signed by League One clubs in the last seven days:

Papa Souare (31), defender, ex-Troyes (France) to Charlton
Stephen Henderson (33), goalkeeper, ex-Crystal Palace to Charlton
Joe Dodoo (26), forward, ex-Wigan to Doncaster
Madger Gomes (24), midfielder, ex-Doncaster to Crewe
Divin Baningime (20), forward, ex-Wigan back to Wigan

Take your pick.