Summer Transfer Activity | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Activity

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
I said at the time, with surprise, Spearing signing up was an unexpected bonus, and the way he is shining, in Ryans' absence this could be our best bit of business.
There's no doubt Rangers have played their part in our teams improvement.
Their decision NOT to move for Tilt is evident in how much stronger we look with him in our defence, and the fact that they sold Thompson to us, he is already showing some great skills and will only get better.
I wonder if Ipshit regret not paying that additional £150k to secure Tilt's release?
Currently sat 2nd bottom, winless what price is relegation in £ terms dropping feom the Championship to the 3rd division (old money)?

Some recent articles around those named above:

Rangers' one-that-got-away Curtis Tilt lauded by Blackpool fans

Glasgow Rangers reportedly tried and failed to sign Curtis Tilt from League One Blackpool this summer.
curtis_tilt_of_blackpool_during_the_sky_bet_league_one_match_bet_904339.jpg

Fans of crisis club Blackpool probably could not believe their eyes when August became September and Curtis Tilt was still at Bloomfield Road.
The highly-rated centre-back was linked with a move away from the North West on an almost daily basis during the summer, with Rangers allegedly very keen on his ball-playing capabilities.
The Scottish Sun reported in July that Tilt had been identified as a cheaper alternative to Millwall’s Jake Cooper as Steven Gerrard looked to bring a new defender to Ibrox.

But, despite Rangers’ best efforts, the £1 million-rated man remained at Blackpool. And, with the stirring comeback against Bradford still fresh in the memory, the Tangerines faithful will be glad that he did.
Tilt certainly had a busy day against the Bantams. He gave away a clumsy penalty as Bradford stormed into a two-goal lead at Bloomfield Road but stepped up in the second half to turn the game around.
The former non-league defender won a spot-kick at the other end, as Jay Spearing drew Blackpool level before pouncing on a goalkeeping howler to slam home a dramatic winner in stoppage time.
Rangers’ loss is most certainly Blackpool’s gain.

Rangers may have made a mistake releasing Jordan Thompson in the summer

Scottish Premiership giants Rangers released Jordan Thompson in May and he is thriving in League One with Blackpool.

Rangers are getting into a habit of bringing back former players at the moment. Kyle Lafferty and Allan McGregor, key components of the club’s last league title win in 2011, have both returned to Ibrox this year from Hull City and Hearts respectively.
With this in mind, Rangers should keep an eye of Jordan Thompson’s performances south of the border with Blackpool.
The 21-year-old made just three appearances in three years for Rangers and was released by the Scottish Premiership giants in May, signing a contract with the League One outfit.

And Thompson has set about showing Rangers what they’re missing. The Northern Irishman produced arguably the best of his eight games so far for Blackpool in Saturday’s dramatic 3-2 comeback win against Brentford.
Thompson was a huge threat with his driving runs into the box and shots from range while his set pieces too were very impressive. At times, Bradford simply couldn’t live with the energetic midfielder.
blackpools_jordan_thompson_battles_with_coventry_citys_tom_bayli_904551.jpg

Did Rangers make a mistake releasing the one-time Manchester United trainee, who has perhaps been the brightest spark for Blackpool so far this season? Possibly.

But the Glasgow giants have shown a willingness to give players a second chance and should therefore keep their eyes on how Thompson progresses at Bloomfield Road.

Jay Spearing has praised the spirit and belief in the Blackpool dressing room that helped inspire an incredible comeback against Bradford City on Saturday.
The Seasiders, having dominated for large periods, conceded two goals against the run of play before hitting three goals in a dramatic last six minutes of normal time to win 3-2.
“Somehow we found ourselves 2-0 down, which was a bit of a shock. With the character, the spirit and the belief that this group has, we never give up. We got the result we deserved,” Spearing said.
“I’d honestly say that it was our making that they went 2-0 up, but we never let it affect us – we kept going and kept playing the way we did all day. Thankfully we got the three points.”
It was the midfielder, once again wearing the captain’s armband, who got the ball rolling from the penalty spot. He then levelled matters with a rebound from another spot-kick.
“After training I’ve been taking a couple to make sure that I know I can put them in the back of the net. I’ve got the two goals in one game and thankfully found the net,” he admitted.
The winner came from the unlikely source of Curtis Tilt, who threw himself up from the back to notch his first goal in 11 months.
“As soon as we got one back, he said, ‘let’s swap’ and I said, ‘go for it’,” Spearing revealed.
“We know how effective he is in the air and we tried to put the ball in behind and cause them problems. He’s put himself about, won the second penalty and finished off that winner. It was thoroughly deserved. Even the lads that came on showed the character and belief that we have in this group.”