Summer squad changes | Vital Football

Summer squad changes

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Worth a thread on its own now we are entering the summer transfer period and apart from the bit by bit clearing of Lionel Road not much else will be going on.

Interesting signing from Scotland for the B Team as Archibald is supposed to be a very rated young player, trouble is being rated in Scotland does not necessarily mean much so we shall see, he could make an appearance next Monday maybe.

Did we sign the Danish defender does anyone know? The worriers are already waving goodbye to Jota & Harlee. Chill people, we're in good hands & will do the best by everyone.

I personally can't see Jota leaving. He loves it here and is adored. He only recently had a bad experience at another club, not being picked, having bad games and not so popular with fans, and he couldn't wait to get back.
There are two I want to see the back of, one would free up a massive wage that gets paid to someone to warm the bench, and with the likes of Josh, McLeod etc coming back, Sawyers improving weekly there will be no need for someone who may see the odd decent pass but over all adds nothing to the squad or team, and is pretty much invisible for the majority of games.
Would like to see a strong striker brought in, someone to work alongside Vibe, who for all his faults, has a knack of scoring an acceptable amount of goals, just wish he was not so bloody lightweight or prone to go missing.

Think it may depend on what bids come in for our players in terms of new players in as ideally I am sure the management would want to keep this squad together. If we can keep our prized assets like Woods, Jota and Bentley then we are in a strong position. Interesting one is Dean as with a year left on his contract if he does not sign then I assume he will be sold.

So first signing , another Dane! seems he is a tall and experience right back who can play further up the field if necessary. Does this mean Colin is on his way?

2 good signings for me, competition needed for Bentley who is decent but needs pushing. I fear the worst with Maxine but we'll see, I think BFC are trying to keep him which is all I can ask.

I think Colin will go. I think he wants to go and he has a buy out clause. I think the article with him showing "surprise" was a load of bollocks tbh. Completely agree that he's a great player but probably not irreplaceable

I suspect we will move on a couple more too - either through our own choosing or because someone has bid an awful lot of money. We have to be open to this, and trust the club to replace players as we have done so well over recent times

Glad to see Shaibu promoted to the first team squad. hes raw but looks like a menace. Presumably Bonham will go out on loan now we have the other keeper, which also makes perfect sense.

Was given a stat on Colin last week which was that he's been unavailable through injury 29 times in his 2 seasons. Great player but if the info is solid our stats people will be aware & have this in mind re his situation.

Mostly B team signings at the moment but some interesting ones. It is hard to know how good these players are and whether they are likely to be first team contenders but we do seem to be signing up a lot of highly rated young Scottish talent.

We are clearly one of the places to be for up and coming players.

Did well to manage Gogias situation & ultimately turn a profit on him. Fair to say our summer 2015 signings didn't work out but credit to BFC for the way players & our interests have been handed. 1st July today, so I'd expect things to start moving now, glad we've strengthened the GK position & Dalsgsrd sounds useful. All eyes on a striker & ball playing enforcer in CM. I've seen some rumblings about Woods not starting pre season & clubs like Villa sniffing around.

Both DS and Josh in their interviews have mentioned new players coming in so would expect some transfer news quite soon, probably Monday I would guess.

RebelBee - 1/7/2017 09:25

Did well to manage Gogias situation & ultimately turn a profit on him. Fair to say our summer 2015 signings didn't work out but credit to BFC for the way players & our interests have been handed. 1st July today, so I'd expect things to start moving now, glad we've strengthened the GK position & Dalsgsrd sounds useful. All eyes on a striker & ball playing enforcer in CM. I've seen some rumblings about Woods not starting pre season & clubs like Villa sniffing around.
Colin, Woods, Vibe, and Barbet all worked out and MacEachran and Bjelland to a point if you ignore injuries. The ones that don't work out do tend to stand out though.

Don't know what kind of season we will have, but the PR is looking good. Check this out -
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718752-brentfords-moneyball-way-to-beat-football-teams-with-huge-budgets

Another very interesting signing done with striker Neal Maupy joining us last night. Apparently we fought off strong last minute interest from BHA to get him. That's 4 quality additions this window, strengthening all parts of our team, and all at modest fees in relation to others in the division. Mokotjo is a superb acquisition btw. Have to say how impressed I've been with the way we do our thing & that's some admission given my feelings 2+ years ago. Fortunately we have smart people running the club & ive never felt more positive going into a new season. We just need all our fantastic supporters to do their bit to back the club in whatever ways they can.

Hope we don't lose anyone but even if we do I'm confident we'll be stronger as a result.

Coyr

Cracking signings it seems, young and talented with huge potential. They don't always work out but no reason not to expect that we have made some real quality signings. I genuinely feel that we can make a crack at promotion with or without Jota (obviously better with) and that is not just the usual pre season optimism.

We have developed a wide reputation as a place for young talented players to come and develop the next stage of their career.

Some will just follow the money but wiser ones will see that a good and stable behind the scenes set up, quality coaching and real game time in a team that plays attractive technical football is the best move for their longer term career.

Little old Brentford we no longer are it seems