Summer platitudes | Vital Football

Summer platitudes

impede

Vital 1st Team Regular
How about a collection of platitudes from managers and players to wile away the summer. Alternatively, just led the thread sink unitl it falls of page 1 and is never seen again.

This inspired me;
"Courtney Wildin wants to kick-start his career with Boston United."

and then there was also;
"Jack Muldoon said he welcomed the honesty shown by new Lincoln City manager Danny Cowley when they met for the first time."

In a more general sense, this one will be spouted by a fair number of journeymen managers upon appointment this summer:

"I'm delighted to be here, this is a massive club with great fans; I can't wait to get started."

("I'm delighted to have another job at last, no one is more surprised than I am that I got it. Perhaps my wife will stop sleeping with the postman, now I have some money again. To be honest, I thought I might end up delivering milk or letters, so I am very pleased to delay that inevitability by another few months. I didn't really know where XXXXXXXXXX was, I only made it to my interview thanks to the modern wonder of satellite navigation. This is actually a dead end club that is never going anywhere, and the few fans it has left only come out when the sun is shining or when there is a decent team visiting in one of the cups. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, which won't be long because I'm a crap manager with no idea what I'm doing. I talk a good game though, don't you think?")