Summer Chat Line | Page 8 | Vital Football

Summer Chat Line

Back from a few (wet!!) days on the coast in Staithes with family. Lovely village - still in the last century!
Visited Saltburn, another lovely place. It's somewhere I had not been before, perfect for young children - when the sun shines!

Then on to Scarborough for an open air wedding at the Spa with the sound of the sea in the background.........and the sun shone! The bride looked lovely, my daughter, her only bridesmaid, looked lovely - a great day culminating with dancing in the Spa under the stars!

Family have now headed back to London and although it's nice to be still, it's very quiet!

I agree Whitby is lovely. We spent some time in Sandsend which is just down the road fro Whitby.

Are you going to Fleetwood, mos?

Yes, I am going to Fleetwood. I will bring back a present for you! Its strange going there, I think it will be 1-1. Sandy beach! I think not!

I love all that coast area.

Just back from my hols - Scotland, Iceland and now Newcastle!

And yes, Mos, the three points will be the best present!

Thank you!

Yes we did thanks - I didn't use them but am told it was a mere £2.50 for a pee in Iceland! And they took credit cards! LOL

It was very expensive and we didn't buy anything but it's so clean. Mostly did our own thing but went on the Golden Circle tour when we landed in Reykjavik which was interesting.

Also enjoyed Dundee which was our first port of call. Nice little city. And the Shetlands and Orkneys were good too.

And we had great weather! Much better than it was here we understand.

Got back to Newcastle to a poorly granddaughter unfortunately and we all only managed 4 hours sleep! Teething and full of cold and got herself worked up. She's on the mend though now!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Poor little soul, glad she's feeling better.
Teeth!! A problem coming, a problem to live with and a problem when thay start going........for some of us!

Glad to be safely home! Very heavy rain on the M62 this evening, made the journey home from Milnrow very difficult.

Oh dear, Sixpence. Glad you made it home OK. It's the big lorry's spraying the water up that I don't like when the weather is bad.

Yes it's not good is it, but It's that feeling that the tyres aren't gripping the road properly because of all the water that worries me most.

I guess maybe only the driver feels that!

I think so! Though I was once in a car with a friend and a car came out of a side road at us and we both put the brakes on that day!

In our old car we once had a nasty experience. We were on the way to Stoke and it was pouring and pouring with rain, we got to tunnel (near the football ground) and the other half said, very calmly, 'there's something wrong' - and he couldn't put the brakes on. Luckily we were going quite slow and there wasn't much traffic about. We were about to pull up and they started to work again. Must have been water that got into them.

Had a very busy weekend and I'm thankful that the weather was good!

Family arrived on Saturday so had beds to make up and travel cot to assemble (and swear at!) plus food to sort out!

Had bacon sarnies then four of us went to match, two went to Meadowhall and one went bowling! I think I know which four had the better time!!!

Drinks at home after game then off to Tabard for meal (closed now for 2 weeks for a refurb).

Sunday all the family came for a cheese and wine lunch, so had a busy and good time with them - lovely day so sat outside. Last ones left 7.30ish then it was mad clear up! Finding somewhere to put all the left over food was the biggest nightmare!

Got to finish clearing up now - still finding those little '60' bits all over which two friends had put in cards! And toys to clear away - found a weeble in my handbag!

Busy but enjoyable! Lovely to have your family all together, I think - sometimes!
Hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed your special birthday.

I did thank you - got another day out on Thursday when my daughter, sister, niece and great-niece have a day in York with early afternoon tea.