Summer Chat Line | Page 7 | Vital Football

Summer Chat Line

Back from a few days in Filey with friends. Rainy Tuesday, cold on Wednesday but enjoyed the break and good company.

Nice to get away isn't it!

I've been to two funerals this week - Bernie who used to come on our away coaches suddenly died and then Mum-in-Law's carer's funeral was today. If you can say such a thing about funerals they were both 'good send offs'.

Had a busy week doing this and that and got another busy week next week doing the same!

Went over to Milnrow to my sons on Saturday and so pleased I came back a bit earlier than usual - jcts 22-24 closed from 9 pm!
Been to Dynasty this eve with friends. First time I have ever been when it has not been busy. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed Dynasty - been hearing some poor reports recently, though I've always found it good.

Yes, re the shutting off the flippin' junctions. We are being diverted off the A1 again at the moment near Hartlepool when coming back from Newcastle - although last time we left half-an-hour earlier and we just got through - the men with the cones were following us!

We are 'tangling' with Social Services at the moment - got to say they have been very good with us, keeping us informed of what's happening and where they are at.

I'm waiting for my son and granddaughter to arrive, they are having an over-nighter with us.

You're doing very well - I phoned Social services re Mum on 5th April and was told someone would get back to me within 28days. Despite 2 further phone calls from me I am still waiting!!

I'm sure you will enjoy your mum / grandma duties!

Collected mine on Monday - no-one else in the shop.

Bought a ticket for the Sheff Utd friendly. Had read on the official site that there were no seat reservations so didn't ask for a specific seat assuming we could sit anywhere. But no -"Would you like your seat " I was asked "Oh no it's sold"." Where would you like to sit instead?"

Confused I said I'd read there were no reserved seats.
apparently there wasn't time to allow time for season ticket holders to claim their seats before putting them on general sale!! So they had to say that!!

Well I don't know if recruitment is more organised, but ticket sales certainly aren't!

Oh dear, Sixpence, that's not good now is it. Where did you end up sitting? If I'd known you could have sat in my seat.

Although for the Fleetwood tickets at first it definitely didn't say 'season ticket holders first' and I know one or two who turned up and queued only to be told that days selling was only for season ticket holders.

There was a gent in while I was there today wanting to move seats. He'd already purchased the seat he had last season and paid for it - he just wanted to try to move a couple of rows back (or forward I forget now). I wasn't taking that much notice but I'm sure they said he'd have to pay a moving fee? Not heard that one before.

Apparently not. That's what the original blurb on the Official Site said but Jack went during the week for his ticket and got his own seat - though, of course, he could be getting a 'phone call saying 'sorry but ...'

Over to Milnrow yesterday to watch my 6years old granddaughter in her first dance show - although the theatre was actually in Todmorden!

The best thing for me was how happy the kids looked to be on stage and performing. Lovely show. It was the mums that were stressed!

Ahhh, lovely. Glad you and she enjoyed it.

I remember being one of those stressed mums! :38:

Just back from Newcastle - babysitting. Had a nice, but tiring, time!

Or grandparents much earlier in life!!!

I literally creak this morning!

btw Sixpence, you have a message in your inbox on here

I have some WD40!

Oops, didn't notice the message. I used to get a notification in my email inbox but that stopped some time ago when this site was changed - I think!

Do you know, I think I used to have e mail notifications too - many years ago though - I'd forgotten about them until you mentioned it! And since the site changed the notification on here doesn't stand out like it used to.

I think I need more than WD40!