Summer 2020 transfers | Page 35 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

That is a frightening statistic Bears . Why all these midfielders ? The very first thing Webber and Farke SHOULD have addressed was the shocking defence that has leaked goal after goal for the last 3 seasons , and the atttack that managed ONE goal in nine games . I ask myself about the qualities of Webber and Farke that they have not fixed the pitiful way our players have been in these positions. IMO .....do your duty towards NCFC Webber and Farke and solve these problems NOW .... or have the decency to resign
Of fuck the zonal marking right off too for a start

Skipp is an exciting signing - and I note too in his photo he has the number 20 on his top, which is Drmic’s number (does this suggest he is off soon?)

i think they want Sitti to get a loan - he was coming from a lower level of football and a season playing in league one could do him good.

Left back situation makes sense to me - this loan guy can be backup, and if Lewis doesn’t go it makes sense for McCallum to go and play each week rather than sit behind Lewis (send him back to Coventry would be good!)

I’d imagine the outgoings will begin soon, particularly in CM. Think a lot of middle tier clubs are waiting on a few big deals from big clubs to happen, which then has the domino effect on clubs like us (thinking Chilwell to Chelsea might trigger Lewis to Leicester etc)

Skipp is a good signing. Shame it will be a loan. He is highly rated at Spurs and made a few appearances for them.

Spurs gave him a 3 (4) year contract this year and Jose sees him as a future captain. I hope it goes better than Kane's loan move.

My only gripe is that it is another defensive midfielder. Why do Norwich love midfielders so much?

Sorenson
Sitti
Skipp (if it happens)
Dennis
Mumba (was a defensive midfielder)

add to that list Tettey - Thompson - Trybull and that is a lot of defensive midfielders.

I hope DF isn't doing what he did with Amadou and thinking 'Oh, Skipp can play as a central defender too, so he will be our back up defender'.

I can see us playing Sorenson and Skipp as the two deep central midfielders with Skipp
being able to pass the ball as a ball player would. Two mobile ball winners should help our defence.

BTW I am under the belief that Dennis is an attacking midfielder (as per his position v Portsmouth for the U23s) who can also play RB!

I can see us playing Sorenson and Skipp as the two deep central midfielders with Skipp
being able to pass the ball as a ball player would. Two mobile ball winners should help our defence.

BTW I am under the belief that Dennis is an attacking midfielder (as per his position v Portsmouth for the U23s) who can also play RB!
Asked my arsenal mate who said Dennis was played as a right back and sometimes a right midfielder or a central midfielder. Maybe he played at attacking midfield because we had no one else or they trying him in a new role?

Skipp said he spoke with Aarons before joining and he said only good things. Skipp says it will help him settle having players like Aarons around.....that's if he sticks around.

The pink un article says to Tottenham and norwich have developed a positive relationship with Spurs since the clubs agreed a deal that saw Marcus Edwards join City on loan in 2018....How did that loan deal develop a good relationship?

DF says the usual uninspiring line of not rushing Skipp into the 1st team and he'll need to take time before playing him....so maybe we'll see him 3 or 4 times this season as McLean is brilliant and undropable.

We’ll need to give him time to adapt and to come into his rhythm. We won’t put too much pressure on him, but we’re all happy that this signing was possible.

DF also said that he 'hopes this loan will be more successful than the Edwards one. Oh meow.

I don't think Mr Edwards made a very good impression round these parts Bears - I've heard some rumours on the grapevine that back that up too (about his "behaviour" lets say)

There doesn't seem to have been much, if any, concrete rumours about Aarons like there has Lewis...which seems a little strange to me, as Aarons is clearly the better player/prospect for my money.

Thompson has joined Morris at MK Dons on loan, but I think that is it for him with us.

Heise has signed on loan at Bundesliga Two side Karlsruher.

Asked my arsenal mate who said Dennis was played as a right back and sometimes a right midfielder or a central midfielder. Maybe he played at attacking midfield because we had no one else or they trying him in a new role?

Thanks for clarifying his position. In old school language, he is a utility player.

With Skipp in that meant Thompson could go and the same with the spanish left back coming in meaning Heise could go.

Hopefully a few more will be moved on. I also hope we got some money for these lads.

The pink un article says to Tottenham and norwich have developed a positive relationship with Spurs since the clubs agreed a deal that saw Marcus Edwards join City on loan in 2018....How did that loan deal develop a good relationship?

May be it was to do with our attempt to try and make Edwards change his attitude?
He had a poor attitude before he joined us, so it was no surprise that his loan fell
apart.

Last edited:
Rhian Brewster is on our shopping list apparently. It would be another loan which I am not sure about as I don't want too many of them in the squad, but he is a decent player and would add pace upfront.

He is also being linked with Watford, Bournemouth, Forest, Fulham and Villa.

Scored 11 goals in 22 for Swansea last season

DF also said that he 'hopes this loan will be more successful than the Edwards one. Oh meow.

I suspect that Skipp doesnt have an attitude problem as he is being though of as a future Spurs captain and he made 23 appearances for them last season.

Woof! Woof!
:rotfl:

Rhian Brewster is on our shopping list apparently. It would be another loan which I am not sure about as I don't want too many of them in the squad, but he is a decent player and would add pace upfront.

He is also being linked with Watford, Bournemouth, Forest, Fulham and Villa.

Scored 11 goals in 22 for Swansea last season

and he is under 21.......so he wouldnt count against the 25 man squad rule.
oh and of couse he knows where the goal is....very important

With Skipp in that meant Thompson could go and the same with the spanish left back coming in meaning Heise could go.

Hopefully a few more will be moved on. I also hope we got some money for these lads.

Anybody else other than Leitner, Trybull and possibly Drimic?